Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Star Wars Jedi Survivor  (Read 2746 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Star Wars Jedi Survivor
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 21:52 »

@JoseCatspar: This should be fixed now in the updated build. Feel free to report other crashes, but before that please check if problem asset is producing the same error while loaded separately, because some issues with batch export can't be reproduced - they're related to hardware (threading issues) and general Windows limits.
JoseCatspar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2023, 16:33 »

Given that I've crashed with materials from the last UE4 version release, among other issues I wanted to make sure that it wasn't me having a flag checked. Since specific games have specific error codes and didn't see the one for me listed I guessed it was operator error, but I will do a general search next time.

Thank you for the fix.
Joe
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2023, 00:52 »

@JoseCatspar: Theoretically nothing from supported assets should crash for this game, including materials and morphs. If an error can be reproduced by opening particular asset separately (the one written in crash message), you can report it here. You can find an asset by its name in flat view mode, if needed.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 23:29 »

@jocixi7730: Check updated build, I've added respective export option in both gui mode and command line ("skiptex"). If textures are enabled, but this option is set, only materials and their properties would be exported. Feel free to test it and provide feedback.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 16:11 »

@jocixi7730: You can try export to dds - if result will be the same, it's something game specific. If it happens only for converted textures (png/tga), it's something with umodel and I could take a look.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2023, 22:40 »

@jocixi7730: This is not discord or some chat - please use modify button to edit your posts instead of creating new ones, otherwise the topic will be bloated in no time.

As for textures, I've asked about dds export (it's an option in export window), since uncompressed tga is already converted image anyway, while dds is original image stored in game resources - when possible, since not all formats are compatible with dds container directly. It's recommended to use dds to prevent possible issues or quality loss and convert it to other formats outside umodel if needed, because results may vary depending on particular implementation (like slightly brighter/darker image, handling of alpha channel, etc). The same applied to normal maps, but usually it doesn't store blue channel, which additionally restored from RG channels. As for the rest, it's most likely out of scope of umodel, since there are a lot of factors affecting rendering like materials properties, shaders, DXT/BC textures being lossy images with artifacts, vertex normals, etc - so it would be hard to tell if it's an issue or it was supposed to be like that (except obvious cases like the above).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 22:56 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 02:04 »

@jocixi7730: Thanks for testing, it seems like an issue with umodel then. I'll take a look at it later.
Jump to: