March 19, 2024, 15:42
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UShock for Lineage  (Read 16473 times)
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 00:33 »

But lets start from simplest example. I got .unr map from odlest Unreal Tournament FPS. How do you parse it manually? I mean if i see on simplest example i should be able to adapt it to other versions
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 00:38 »

I'm not parsing maps. My tools works with meshes and materials only.

Perhaps you misunderstood "reverse engineering" term. I mean the most complex type of this - disassembly (researching x86 machine code to understand how program works). Some people can guess data format and also name it "reverse engineering", but that's almost impossible for Unreal - data formats are too complex.
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 00:40 »

Thats what im asking for. I know yo uare not playing with unr formats but lets say i want to parse a mesh like you in your tool. Where did you read about this "complex data formats"? Indeed, they are too hard to guess so you must have had some source you based on. And im asking for this source
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 00:44 »

Check my "links" page, it contains all third-party resources which was useful at start point of my project. UTPackages, UShock, also you may find Unreal Tournament public headers, but  these are useful only for basic understanding of engine architecture. Nothing else publically available.
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 00:54 »

yes this is what i mean by reverse engineering. Ill try reading how are maps loaded what which file stores etc. But finally, engine is the same, so in my opinion the .unr files are only encrypted, so game decrypts them and then simply does the same things as unecnrypted map, because that only logical thing that comes to my mind, imo finding .unr file encryption and then dumping it into clean .unr would make it openable
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 00:59 »

You won't believe how many changes developers does to the engine in absolutely unexpected places. For example, engine developers could want more compact memory footprint for the map and change data types, or use different structures. Even "simple" static mesh has nearly 10 versions in UE2 and ~5 in UE3.
Szaka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 01:04 »

That sucks. But ill do my best because i feel like all i need now is adding some things to map Cheesy
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: