March 19, 2024, 13:00
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: SWAT 4 Animation  (Read 17182 times)
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 16:48 »

I don't have a facebook account (probably the only person on earth who doesn't) but I can upload some to MediaFire today.

-D
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 16:55 »

By "output" I mean the extracted files.  When I use Fritz's GUI, the extracted files show up in a new directory under the directory where I launched the GUI.
It's a normal situation (for all programs, not just umodel). Umodel is extracting assets to the current directory.

I don't have a facebook account (probably the only person on earth who doesn't) but I can upload some to MediaFire today.
This whould be fine. I will upload them by myself.
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 18:18 »

What I meant to say is that umodel is NOT extracting to the current directory (C:\Program Files\SWAT 4).  Instead, the files are extracted to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\S.W.A.T. 4".  Do you have any idea why?

-D

By "output" I mean the extracted files.  When I use Fritz's GUI, the extracted files show up in a new directory under the directory where I launched the GUI.
It's a normal situation (for all programs, not just umodel). Umodel is extracting assets to the current directory.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 18:27 »

That's behaviour appeared in Windows Vista. This OS does not allows programs to write into "Program Files" directory. When application tries to write there, OS will redirect output to C:\Users\... directory.
Dijon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 23:47 »

Hi Gildor,

Attached is a screen shot from umodel's viewer, from within Fritz's front end.  I'll send more once I import them into UDK.  Just to let you know that it works well.   Smiley

-D

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 00:12 »

Hint. To take screenshot in umodel you may simply press <Ctrl+S> key. Screenshot will go to the <output>/screenshots directory.
Also screenshots appears better when one of animations are selected ([ and ] keys).
BaDTimE

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 06:48 »

Swat 4 SDK comes with ActorX.dlu for 3Dmax v5 and v7.
But Readme_ActorX.txt says:

Please Note:

SWAT 4 uses a modified version of the ActorX animation and skeletal mesh exporting tool that differs from the version used by other Unreal Engine-based titles.

If you attempt to use a different version of ActorX then your animations and skeletal meshes may not work in SWAT 4.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:40 »

What is your question?
SWAT uses the Vengeance engine, which were also used in Tribes and in Bioshock.
BaDTimE

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 04:17 »

No question.
You've done a great work!
Congrats and Thank you!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: