March 28, 2024, 20:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lineage 2 video - Lair of Antharas  (Read 21977 times)
Nighthawk
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:53 »

Hello guys.....
I've been lurking this place for quite a while now, but since I decided to go further with this project, I believe it's polite to show it to the actual developers of it's backbone tool.
This is a video I started thinking on about a year ago, while I was fully involved in this clan, and it came as an idea of "what if" the characters were more than just characters played by us, what if they had a story on their own, and the best way to picture that was to show them doing a typical situation in the game (like gathering for a raid boss kill), but in a more "all-day" way.
We thought of making it machinima style, shooting from the actual game, but DeathPass is a very dangerous place in that server, and I started to look around for some way to get the models out, so that I could play with them a bit.
And after some failed tests with some standard package extractors, I came across UModel. And although the editing of all this footage was really tedious, Umodel really saved a lot of work, and even allowed me to add things I never thought about in the first place.
So, take a look at it, and see what can be done with what you guys have created.

I'm now in the process of making a second video, much more massive character-wise, and styled as a clan war, or a "bad guys vs good guys" kind of video.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 15:02 by gildor » Logged
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 17:17 »

Damn That's Fantastic  Grin, i'm wondering where you filmed this ? In Game Or In some 3D Editor ?
Nighthawk
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:33 »

Damn That's Fantastic  Grin, i'm wondering where you filmed this ? In Game Or In some 3D Editor ?

it's 3D studio.
with a lot of post production work.
putting a whole scene together didn't take me more than an hour, that's the advantage of the plugin, but rendering all that stuff as I wanted, usually took more than 20 minutes per frame. so I had to reverse-engineer the scene and render it by sections.
these are some pics of the early development, back in 2009 (when it was more playing around than getting it done Cheesy)

this is a render of the new FG set.
I'm trying to get rid of the terrain textures completely, so if you guys work with another game that has bigger textures and can be viewed by umodel, or already have them exported, let me know, so I don't have to download a photo texture pack. Drawn textures will fit more with the theme.

and, some of the new characters

EDIT: on a side note, I'm posting updates on the production and details of this in my blog

http://elmoredesign.blogspot.com

since this is going to be made locally in my country, I'm posting in Spanish. but I'll try to keep the posts as generic as possible, so it will work directly with most of the translators.
anything not detailed here, is surely explained there. So go check it out if you want to know how it's coming.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:08 by Nighthawk » Logged
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 20:39 »

Wow, That's RLY Impressive  Shocked
Setekh
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 20:36 »

dude, i love you O_O
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:42 »

Can u pliz share with some of ur models with us?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 13:51 »

WARNING!
Tutorial part of this thread were moved to separate thread: Loading, editing and animating
This tutorial were made for Lineage 2, but really it could be applied to nearly any Unreal engine game supported by umodel.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 13:56 by gildor » Logged
Nighthawk
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 14:25 »

UP to this stone-age relic...

guys, I'm going nuclear with this framework... meaning, I aim to push the plugin (and the software I have) to the limit, and create something significant and worth admiring.

many people say that since C5, Lineage 2 has gone downhill... that the days of hard work and team play are gone in favor of shiny visuals and action.
I aim to recover some of that spirit with this fan project.

after playing around and improving the workflow, from the rigid and voluminous (in terms of MB) "Lair of Antharas" to this new short video that kinda captures the escence I aim to get, I'd say I'm now ready to take it a bit further.

I'm asking for the knowledge of every user here, in order to gather resources that would allow me to improve this project... meaning, if you know a game that's compatible with Umodel, and that you think has some useful models/animations that would fit this theme, please let me know.
I can't be bothered to download every other game that's compatible with Umodel, because I don't have the storage space, nor a top-notch internet connection, so I want to rely on the end-user knowledge of these games.
Also, I've always meant to do an actual script for the videos, but I'm lacking voice dubbers,... so, if you think you can provide a voice for the characters, I'm taking submissions.

right now, what I'm short of supplies on, is action moves.
as in: sword slashes, bow draws, jumps, rolls, kicks, etc.
no guns-related stuff.

so, whatever addition any of you can provide, will be rightfully credited back.
SABREWULF
L2tool User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 00:08 »

I know  the  game that  u can use it calls  Bloodrayne 2
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: