March 28, 2024, 19:58
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Support for other Unreal Engine based games  (Read 21397 times)
grained

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 13:13 »

Thx for your effort anyway! As I said before there is no tool which can do it.
Keep up the good work.

What's the status on supporting the other games (DS9, HP)?

And don't get me wrong I'm not looking for a tool which is able to support every game which has the same Engine.
I just saw the potential in your program and wanted to push you a bit to see the users needs.  Wink 
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 14:03 »

Keep up the good work.
Currently I have no plans to improve umodel. Really. I don't know, what to do next. Posibly, StaticMesh support.

What's the status on supporting the other games (DS9, HP)?
The status is simple: I have no these games Smiley I need some engine/game files (as was for Undying) to reverse format.

Rune and DeusEx has some kind of public information, which was really useful to convert their meshes to UT2 format. Undying (and other games) have not Sad Some games uses very different mesh format (Rune, Undying, Unreal 2), some - based on original one (DeusEx, Splinter Cell) ...
I'm really interested to explore other Unreal Engine 2 - based games, but have no other games.
It's very interesting to look into Unreal Engine 3 - but it is very complex in comparison to reversing UT2004, and this engine uses multi-part meshes. I have no interest to create model viewer, which will display head, or hands, or legs - but not whole player model - player model combined by script from parts, and player can customize his look.
grained

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 17:22 »

So here are some files you need!

Use your Name as PW. I wish you good luck with that.

How is the condition on undying?

Currently I have no plans to improve umodel. Really. I don't know, what to do next. Posibly, StaticMesh support.

That sounds great. It would complete it.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 17:47 by grained » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 17:33 »

So here are some files you need!
Got it. Thank you. I'll check them.

How is the condition on undying?
Currently I think to not support this game. It's support requires too much time.

I'm working on Tribes: Vengeance support now. It uses the most advanced UE2 (UE2.X ?).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 13:18 »

Harry Potter (which is UE1-based) uses original UE1 SkeletalMesh format, but completely different Animation format (it uses strange animation compression scheme).
grained

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 14:07 »

At least you tried.  Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 19:56 »

Even if I'll reverse HP animation format, it would be very complex to integrate it into umodel. There is no way to detect, which package you are trying to open: either UT1, or HP, but code should be completely different. I was done similar work for Rune, but this game has "public headers" with almost complete information about used data formats (reversing of remaining code parts was done in about 1-2 hours).
P.S. If you want models from HP, you can check "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" (I was recently added its support) - it uses hi-res and high quality models (but 8-bit textures Wink).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 15:38 »

I was found another one game with standard mesh and nonstandard animation format - Devastation. I have no reason to support this game, but to improve situation I was added new command line option - "-noanim". This will disable MeshAnimation (UE2) and Animation (UE1) loading, but meshes becomes accessible. As a result, Harry Potter meshes can be viewed/extracted.
chrrox
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 19:02 »

The last Remnant
With the updated version it exports properly and I can view it in milk shape but the skeleton is rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
Here is a link its a very nice to look at demo.
http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/remnant/jp/TheLastRemnantBenchmark.zip
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 22:11 »

The Last Remnant is beautiful, thanks for the suggestion.  I just tried Gears of War skeletal meshes and they also seem to work very well, other than that the textures are not actually on the mesh in the viewer. same thing seems to happen on the UT3 models. This is excellent! Looking forward to animation support!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 22:13 by zardalu » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 22:29 »

i tried exporting a complete model from milkshape to 3d studio max but only 1 part imports.

There is a head, shoudler, torso, legs and so on but only arms actually import. Only me?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 23:33 »

I just tried Gears of War skeletal meshes and they also seem to work very well, other than that the textures are not actually on the mesh in the viewer. same thing seems to happen on the UT3 models. This is excellent! Looking forward to animation support!
Unlike UE2-based games, UE3 SkeletalMesh has no links to animations. So, umodel will display static mesh.
Also, UE3 material system is much more complex than UE2 one. I was not implemented renderer for UE2 material yet, and you should not expect texturing of UE3 models. Textures may be applied manually in other modeling software (for example, MilkShape) Wink
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 16:24 »

The last Remnant
With the updated version it exports properly and I can view it in milk shape but the skeleton is rotated 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
I was fixed (I hope) this issue. Now all skeletons looks like it should.
zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 16:40 »

re: Unreal Championship 2 (and the Last Remnant), isn't that an xbox game? I've never played around with xbox games, are you able to view/copy the upk/ukx files right off the dvd?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 16:43 »

Yes, Unreal Championship 2 is an XBox game. 1st Xbox. It has almost PC architecture, Intel x86 CPU etc.
Checked "The Last Remnant" is PC game. I'm sure XBox360 version (if one) will not work.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: