March 29, 2024, 14:47
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Various problems extracting textures  (Read 3487 times)
element_boy6522

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:44 »

Hello!

I have picked up Gildors awesome piece of software, and i have (after much trouble) managed to extract everything i need out of BioShock. However, i did that by dragging the files i needen (a levels .bsm and .blk file togheter with catalog.bdc and DynamicBulkFileTextures.blk) into a folder with umodel and some batch files i found (runner.bat and bUmodel.bat).

This does, for some reason, give me 16x16 textures instead of full scale ones. I looked on the forums, and found that i'm not the first to have this problem. However, none of the given solutions fitted the way i extracted the stuff.

Therefore, i attempted to use the bat file gildor posted (BatchExport.bat) i configurated it and all that, but when i run it it returns "Environment variable C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bioshock\Content is not defined."

What do you suggest i do? Smiley

PS. I am NOT too good with this kind of stuff, so i'd rather have too much info than too little xD
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:09 »

Hello!
Hi
This does, for some reason, give me 16x16 textures instead of full scale ones.
may be 64x64?
Therefore, i attempted to use the bat file gildor posted (BatchExport.bat) i configurated it and all that, but when i run it it returns "Environment variable C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bioshock\Content is not defined."
Show me your changes in the bat file (post here a lines which you've modified/tuned). Probably you've incorrectly configured "set game_dir=..." line - be sure to not use quotes and extra spaces here (i.e. type set game_dir=c:\program files\game instead of set game_dir  =  c:\program files\game or set game_dir="c:\program files\game"
element_boy6522

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:01 »

Sure

Here are the lines i changed:
Code:
set file_mask=*.blk *.bsm *.bdc
(This is the one im the most unsure about)
Code:
set game_dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bioshock\Content
Code:
set compat=-noanim -lzo
Code:
set out=C:\umodel\refinedstuff
Code:
set umodel=C:\umodel

About the textures, they are 16x16. No doubt there  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:04 by element_boy6522 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15 »

Code:
set file_mask=*.blk *.bsm *.bdc
(This is the one im the most unsure about)
Here should be *.bsm only.
it returns "Environment variable C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bioshock\Content is not defined."
this is a strange error ... try to remove "@echo off" line at the beginning of the batch file and show me full output (this will help me to localize a place with the problem).
element_boy6522

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:35 »

I figured it out... I accidently removed "game_dir" from the string... xD

I also changed "set umodel=C:\umodel" to "set umodel=C:\umodel\umodel.exe" and then it worked like a charm Cheesy

On a side note:
I am very impressed by your dedication and support to your project. A thousand thanks to you, happy xmas, and good luck finding the job you want (if you are still looking) ^^
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:41 »

Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: