March 28, 2024, 16:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tera : issue with latest umodel version (19-2-2012)  (Read 3615 times)
noazett

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2012, 13:34 »

Hello Gildor,
i tried to visualize gpk files with the current umodel version. However it seems that there is an issue because it doesn't load mesh in the viewer at all. Also i tried with an oldest umodel version and it works perfectly.
did i miss something ?

Thank you.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 13:41 »

Give me that package and show me your command line.
noazett

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 14:04 »

well i found out a strange thing. it seems that if i load a model package with the current uviewer from its own game folder it doesn't display the mesh. however if i copy/paste that package to another destination it actually works. weird  Huh?

so don't bother with that. i will just copy the packages to another destination before use as it seems to work fine that way
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 14:12 »

Umodel should work identically from any disk place. Probably umodel is crashed, and the reason of crash is availability of some file which is loaded by umodel when called from one location and not loaded (missing) when called from another location. Probably that file is startup_int.upk (or with similar name). Also try adding "-game=tera" option.
noazett

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 14:21 »

you're right, adding "-game=tera" to the command works fine. I didn't pay attention to that 'cause i'm using umodel the bad way -drag and drop thing-  Grin
Thank you Gildor.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: