March 28, 2024, 21:28
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The Chronicles of Spellborn  (Read 10207 times)
chrrox
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 00:32 »

Here is another game based on unreal it is using zlib compression.
it is using unreal 2.5 Here are the exe/dll files and 2 samples from the game.
I am not saying this is worth looking at right away I just wanted to post the info about it if it was easy to implement the archives used.
http://files.filefront.com/13766387
Getty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07 »

I tried to open its textures but is not working

ERROR: assertion failed: size >= 0 && size < (256<<20)

appMalloc:size=-1859298116 <- FArray::Empty <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=154/29 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:a.utx, ver=154/29, game=2000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:a <- Main

I see its not compatible with this game but is it possible to make it compatible? The game is dead since its servers closed. I can provide files if anyone is interested.
I would really appreciate if anyone could help me.
Thanks.

EDIT: It has Unreal Engine 2.5. Heres core and engine dlls http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytccmd23c5gxlcb/tcosdll.rar
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:24 by Getty » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:20 »

As you said, this game is dead. It will not be supported.
According to the wikipedia, it is possible that this game will be continued - in this case it could be supported.
Getty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24 »

Ok thanks for fast reply.
Axolotl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 14:26 »

As you said, this game is dead. It will not be supported.

Hi, Gildor. I'm interesting why not to support dead game? If it's really dead, but there are still a client can be download, so we can think about it as a final release and the one that will not be modified in the future Wink
The release is cancelled, yes. But the we can get a client, the models still here, so they can be usefull.
I just wonder because i think that many people interesting in extracting and using models from such games do it for many different purposes but rarely for modding exactly this game.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12 »

Unfinished = lower quality.
I see no reason to support the game which is interesting for a few people only. I have too little free time now to support games of low quality models.
Axolotl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 15:29 »

Unfinished = lower quality.
I see no reason to support the game which is interesting for a few people only. I have too little free time now to support games of low quality models.

Yes, i agree that if the models are bad that it not worth of working on support of this game. But completness of such game like this doesn't mean that artists part of work is unfnished, if there was already obt starteted, that means that this part of work was finished.
The game itself can be really interested to no one. But the models from it can be useful to more interesting purposes like serious modding of other games, not just making "nude mods" and recoloring armor for MMO.
The models of this game maybe not a masterpiece but they are quite good i think.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: