March 28, 2024, 18:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UPK file format (again...)  (Read 20692 times)
michg84

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 20:25 »

Actually no, I don't even know what to read Grin Do you want me to do something ?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35 »

Property format is relatively complex to explain. Check this open-source tool, probably it could help
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/597581-Partial-UPK-file-extraction-achieved
michg84

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 14:23 »

Thanks for the link. I had to modify source code as it didn't read NetObjectCount in export table Wink
The tool identify the object as Texture2D (well, I'm glad Grin) and save it as DDS file without making any interpretation of the properties. Obviously, this is not DDS format as the header doesn't match DDS format.

I found this document http://www.mediafire.com/?i0hdn9gdd4a1obh describing UT package file format. Although it relates to UE1 or UE2, in page 8 there's a description of object properties. This obviously doesn't apply to my object, but I found a similarity : properties end with property "None" as offset 0x2A2AB of my dump (previous post) is 0x000000E1 and name_table[0xE1] is "None". Is it just an accident or could this be true ?

Is there others similarities between this document and actual object properties, or is it completely different ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 14:25 by michg84 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 14:31 »

Thanks for the link. I had to modify source code as it didn't read NetObjectCount in export table Wink
strange, UT3 has NetObjectCount
The tool identify the object as Texture2D (well, I'm glad Grin) and save it as DDS file without making any interpretation of the properties. Obviously, this is not DDS format as the header doesn't match DDS format.
data inside engine has no DDS header
I found this document http://www.mediafire.com/?i0hdn9gdd4a1obh describing UT package file format. Although it relates to UE1 or UE2, in page 8 there's a description of object properties. This obviously doesn't apply to my object, but I found a similarity : properties end with property "None" as offset 0x2A2AB of my dump (previous post) is 0x000000E1 and name_table[0xE1] is "None". Is it just an accident or could this be true ?

Is there others similarities between this document and actual object properties, or is it completely different ?
UE2 and UE3 property format is different, and the tool mentioned above should support properties (otherwise it would not be able to get texture format and dimensions).
And yes, property block is finished with name "None".
michg84

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 15:17 »

UE2 and UE3 property format is different, and the tool mentioned above should support properties (otherwise it would not be able to get texture format and dimensions).
And yes, property block is finished with name "None".

I think the tool doesn't support properties, it doesn't get texture format neither dimensions. All it does is mentioning "Texture 2D" from import table. Spartan018 clearly says he doesn't know how to decode object properties and that he stored the exported data to DDS because he choose this extension before knowing it was not DDS format Cool

Is it so complicated to explain properties ? Well, it should be a good exercise for rating your teaching capabilities Grin (I'm kidding, don't get upset Wink)

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 15:31 »

Check this link too:
http://erictheturtle.blogspot.com/2009/01/dissecting-mirrors-edge.html
(link under "I've already updated it to work with Mirror's Edge" text)
I've looked at the source - this tool has property serialization in UE3PackageViewer.Objects.UnrealObject.getAllProperties() method.
michg84

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 17:51 »

Yes, you got it Wink This tool reads my upk file and even display the 2Dtexture object. It saves the object in real DDS format.
I think I should do the trick with that. You've been of great help Gildor, thank you very much Wink
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: