March 28, 2024, 21:12
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Untextured/discolored static meshes in ME2, warnings in the console  (Read 3230 times)
uLoop

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 00:47 »

Hi, I am experimenting with umodel and ME2 and I have run into some strange things. While some meshes are properly textured, others have no textures one them, and yet others are textured, but have purple discolorations. I have also noticed, that the umodel threw many warnings about missing imports and unknown classes, so I included a -dump logfile.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03 »

There are situations possible when umodel is not able to map textures correctly. Also mesh could be stored in package untextured. In such cases you should map materials by hands.
uLoop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 18:01 »

There are situations possible when umodel is not able to map textures correctly. Also mesh could be stored in package untextured. In such cases you should map materials by hands.
Do you know anything about the "import not found" warnings? I suspect that those missing imports contain the missing textures.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 18:19 »

May be you're right. Try to include -pkg=<some-package-name> into the command line. <some-package-name> varies from game to game. Usually it is startup_int.upk, but Gears of War uses GearGame.xxx, Batman uses BmGame.upk etc. You should find package with common resources. I cannot do it for you because currently I have no Mass Effect on my PC.
uLoop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16 »

May be you're right. Try to include -pkg=<some-package-name> into the command line. <some-package-name> varies from game to game. Usually it is startup_int.upk, but Gears of War uses GearGame.xxx, Batman uses BmGame.upk etc. You should find package with common resources. I cannot do it for you because currently I have no Mass Effect on my PC.
Importing startup_int did not help, I have also tried importing other packages with a similar name, but ME2 has an ASSTON of packages, and it would take a very long time to go through all of them.
Also I think I know why certain meshes have purple discolorations: umodel cannot handle ME2 specular masks properly. I am pretty sure that it is the specular mask, because when I rotate the mesh in umodel the purple bands change, and only the meshes that use a specular mask have purple discolorations. Is there a chance you can fix this?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20 »

Sorry, for the current time I have no plans to improve Mass Effect rendering. I have to buy the game for experiments with it, posting a few files here is not enough.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: