April 16, 2024, 11:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: TERA File Organisation List  (Read 19582 times)
squall789

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:29 »

Hi guys.

This is my first post, I've been using this tool to view things from TERA recently, and I realised that the base packages directory is a bit of a mess, a ton of folders with 3 letter names.

I thought it might be a good idea to set up a topic that helps people to understand the layout of TERA.

I'm still exploring this format with umodel so so far I've got little to say about it.

So far:

Anything with env in the name is almost entire terrain and environment maps, mostly things like cubemaps.

I'm still trying to work out what each specific folder name means, ie CH, BG (I assume background and Character here).

I specifically got the game to find these tree's, but I'm having trouble finding them, so many folders to search through, which is why I've created this topic.

(I know the top image is Isle of Dawn World Tree)
http://www.terafans.com/uploads/gallery/album_58/med_gallery_4331_58_26578.jpg
http://wallpaper.goodfon.com/wallpaper/previews-middle/243662.jpg

I'll post more as I learn, if anyone else knows anything about the folder structure then please post it here so we can build a mini document. (Also if anyone knows where to find those specific tree's and that giant statue tree thing... that would really help me.

Thanks

Dan
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:50 »

Just wondering why not do a .bat file like the one in the BnS thread replacing -export with -meshes to brute force browsing the CH and BG directories?
squall789

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27 »

Hi, Yeah I did think of doing that actually, though still that's going to throw out so much information that it would still take a very long time to go through it all, the purpose of this thread is to help people avoid searching through things for many hours.
artisticVibe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 13:01 »

Not really... I went through the CH directory in less than an hour. But then again I was looking for something specific, maybe it helps if you know what you're looking for.
squall789

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 19:10 »

I attached the images above as what I'm looking for, but sadly I don't actually know what they're called... which means the search takes time.
I have little time to spare most of this week/weekend so I'll continue the search afterwards.

Though I've discovered that is seems anything with DST in the name means DESERT, and SPR appears to be SPRING (as in natural spring)

Thanks

Dan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 19:11 by squall789 » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: