Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Troubles in importing meches in 3Ds  (Read 2374 times)
Sharilin

View Profile
Troubles in importing meches in 3Ds
« on: May 18, 2012, 20:16 »

Hi guys!
I am a neewbie in extracting meches from videogames and working on them on 3DS (I usually use this software at university Tongue )
First of all, gratz Gildor for your programs!  Smiley

I've got some questions about Mass Effect 3.

First: I've followed some usefull tutorials and I imported some characters in 3DS without problems, but I'd like to know if is it possible to export my personale Fem Shep from the game? I've only found the default character... Sad

Second: I've imported Shepard's cabin in 3DS but all the furnitures are in a mess... Is it possible import the entire cabin in 3DS, with all the stuffs and lights at their right place? I hope so! ç__ç
slurpy_commando

View Profile
Re: Troubles in importing meches in 3Ds
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 02:31 »

First: I've followed some usefull tutorials and I imported some characters in 3DS without problems, but I'd like to know if is it possible to export my personale Fem Shep from the game? I've only found the default character...

Currently, I don't think there are tools that can do that, however, it may be possible. The facegen data is not stored in the cookedpc folder, it's stored in your mass effect save game file. That data can be exported with the gibbed mass effect save game editor. The problem lies in translating it so that it's readable by 3d studio max and can be applied as a morph target.

Another possible way to do that would be to use a program like 3dripperX and rip the already morphed mesh directly from the game, then set up that mesh to be used as a morph target on the rigged psk that was ripped using umodel.
Sharilin

View Profile
Re: Troubles in importing meches in 3Ds
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 14:01 »

Thanks for the answer!

Can you help me with the second question please? Cheesy
Jump to: