Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: AVA or Alliance of valiant arms  (Read 2699 times)
Thwacked

View Profile
AVA or Alliance of valiant arms
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:27 »

Forgive me I am very, very new to this. Some questions in general about 3D max and uModel:

1. I have downloaded the uModel32, but I am not sure if it will work because I use a 64-bit PC?

2. I can extract unreal engine games like AVA (on the compat list it is listed as working Smiley ) and then put them into 3D max and make custom animations correct?

3. If uModel works on 64-bit systems what would be the first thing to do? I know there are guides on here but I am very lost and do not know which guide I should go to first and etc.

4. Is there any tips you would offer for using 3D max to make animations once I have extracted the unreal models? Or any tips for anything to do with the extraction?

Thank you very much and sorry for the clueless-ness Sad.
Thwacked

View Profile
Re: AVA or Alliance of valiant arms
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:31 »

Also: I can view the skeleton mesh of the characters but when I try to extract them to a folder it says:

ERROR: unknown game tag "Alliance-of-Valiant-Arms-(AVA)".Unreal Engine 1:
      ue1  Unreal Engine 1
  undying  Undying

I know its probably a basic, noob mistake but how do I fix that? I need to export them in order to put them into 3D max right?
Thwacked

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21 »

Okay i have got my character into 3D max finally.

A few more questions:

1. How do i make the model get the color it has in the game?

2. Any other advice?

Overall its going good so far
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:05 »

1. I have downloaded the uModel32, but I am not sure if it will work because I use a 64-bit PC?
There should not be problems launching umodel on both 32 and 64-bit Windows. Win64 is compatible with Win32 applications.
Also: I can view the skeleton mesh of the characters but when I try to extract them to a folder it says:

ERROR: unknown game tag "Alliance-of-Valiant-Arms-(AVA)".Unreal Engine 1:
      ue1  Unreal Engine 1
  undying  Undying

I know its probably a basic, noob mistake but how do I fix that? I need to export them in order to put them into 3D max right?
You're doing something VERY STRANGE here, I can't imagine what you've typed in the command line to get such error message! If you're trying to put tag for AVA use "-game=ava" option.
Jump to: