March 29, 2024, 00:33
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Requests for help: Blade and Soul Rendering  (Read 7712 times)
paul.artdev

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:48 »

Hello, sorry to bother, I recently in the research of the Blade and Soul Character rendering , mainly is its Character in the global lighting
effect on simulation baffled me. I find you in the umodel update the list mentioned modified the Blade & Soul rendering, and I use umodel
display Blade & Soul the Characterof also found you a simulation effect, so want to ask you for idea and method.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56 »

Hello.
"Improved B&S rendering" took its roots on the Russian forum here:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1410.0.html

Now I'm using mask texture for specularity and environment mapping instead of opacity.
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 18:55 »

Speaking of B&S renders.. I have some issues with the Gon females. Is there a texture with alpha for lashes or something? 'Cause I can't find it anywhere and the models just appear with squary big lashes, same for guys.

Jin females have a base head mesh with normal lashes, but the one for males and Gon characters are different.
hanscherry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 13:12 »

Hello.
"Improved B&S rendering" took its roots on the Russian forum here:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1410.0.html

Now I'm using mask texture for specularity and environment mapping instead of opacity.

Hello, Gildor
First thank you for your great tool. Smiley
I have a question about mapping in B&S.
I extracted character model from 00009104.upk and got 4 textures such as 41007_JinM_d.tga, 41007_JinM_n.tga, 41007_JinM_s.tga, 41007_JinM_m.tga.
I am sure that 41007_JinM_d.tga is for diffuse mapping and 41007_JinM_n.tga for normal mapping, but not sure two others usage.
Are you using 41007_JinM_m.tga(is this mask texture?) for environment mapping in your current umodel.exe?
I tried to render it in Unity engine, but looks different with one in your umodel.
Can you tell me your mapping method in detail used by umodel?
regards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 13:24 by hanscherry » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 13:28 »

Hello.
I think "..._m" is mask texture. It uses all 3 color channels for different purposes (so it's really 3 masks baked into single texture). I'm using Blue channel as Cubemap Mask and Green channel as Specular Power. The purpose of Red channels is still unknown for me.
hanscherry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 14:09 »

Hello.
I think "..._m" is mask texture. It uses all 3 color channels for different purposes (so it's really 3 masks baked into single texture). I'm using Blue channel as Cubemap Mask and Green channel as Specular Power. The purpose of Red channels is still unknown for me.

thank you for your fast reply.
Then what's the usage of "..._s"?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 14:13 by hanscherry » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 14:20 »

Names of textures could be any. I'm distinguishing texture purpose by the name of material parameter where it is used. Just open the material in viewer and press <M> key, you'll see a set of shader parameter values. Usually their names are self-explaining. The exception is "mask" - it could have any meaning starting from "opacity mask" and finishing by "a set of 4 masks baked into RGBA texture". Also textures could have very special meaning, such as "mask for human skin". Everything depends on the shader where it is used.
hanscherry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 14:44 »

Ok, I should study this more carefully.
By the way when I press <M> key in viewer, I can just see the names of shaders and triangles numbers, Are there any other parameters else?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 14:50 »

Just open the material in viewer and press <M> key ...
you're viewing a mesh, not the material
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: