March 29, 2024, 02:09
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Animation rotation and -translation  (Read 3948 times)
RAKSHASRAJA

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 13:17 »

Gildor,

26.11.2011 v1.19
-added option to control behaviour of animation with rotation-only tracks: you can let AnimSet
to decide which bones will use animated translation, you can force to use translation from the
animation (old, pre-1.18 behaviour) or force to not use animated translation at all; the option
is located in "Animation import" group

and:

06.12.2011 v1.21
- fixed "translation mode" checkbox to work with psa without config file

> Am i right that the -fixed "translation mode" checkbox- refers to the added option mentioned in the V1.19 changelog?! The "behaviour of animation" option (since V1.19) is all clear to me, but a seperate "translation mode" checkbox i can't find anywhere!!!
Reason i'm asking this is because when i choose "Force mesh translation" than every bone is having rotation only, even the ROOT bone has! Only via the animation *.CONFIG file, i can set rotation only to all bones while still having translation on only the ROOT bone for example! Can this maybe be implemented in ActorX Importer translation mode option or do u think it's not relevant enough?!

---

Relevant information taken from Unreal Wiki:

bAnimRotationOnly
Type: bool
Indicates that only the rotation should be taken from the animation sequence and the translation should come from the SkeletalMesh ref pose. Note that the root bone always takes translation from the animation, even if this flag is set. You can use the UseTranslationBoneNames array to specify other bones that should use translation with this flag set.

Default value: True

[edit] ForceMeshTranslationBoneNames
Type: array<name>
List of bones which are ALWAYS going to use their translation from the mesh and not the animation.

[edit] UseTranslationBoneNames
Type: array<name>
Names of bones that should use translation from the animation, if bAnimRotationOnly is set.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 13:49 »

> Am i right that the -fixed "translation mode" checkbox- refers to the added option mentioned in the V1.19 changelog?! The "behaviour of animation" option (since V1.19) is all clear to me, but a seperate "translation mode" checkbox i can't find anywhere!!!
Yes, version 1.21 fixes behavior of the option added in 1.19, it worked wrong when .config file was missed. This is 3-position option.
Reason i'm asking this is because when i choose "Force mesh translation" than every bone is having rotation only, even the ROOT bone has!
The behavior in the case of "Use from AnimSet" is identical to one used in Unreal engine (you posted here part of the official documentation). It should prevent animation from animating translation keys except the root bone. ActorX Importer uses very simple way to detect the root bone: it uses first bone from the psa file.

"Force mesh translation" and "Force AnimSet translation" variants are intended to fix behavior when AnimSet's "AnimRotationOnly" option holds wrong value - in this case user should select one of these 2 options. In these 2 cases config file is simply ignored.
RAKSHASRAJA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 16:36 »

Ok, Gildor... very clear!
Working with Mass Effect characters... it seems the first bone in the *.PSA is "God" and than "Root" (which is 2nd)! So choosing "Force mesh translation" results in the character "fly" a little and makes that the "Root" is also not getting any translation anymore (since it's NOT the 1st bone)! Importing Mass Effect animations on Mass Effect characters with "Use from animset" being selected, may sometimes result in messed up face bones positions! Thankfully the *.CONFIG's r still there, so that "bAnimRotationOnly", "ForceMeshTranslationBoneNames" and "UseTranslationBoneNames" can be set manually also! Smiley

Thanx again, Gildor!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 16:37 by RAKSHASRAJA » Logged
rasmus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 23:20 »

Importing Mass Effect animations on Mass Effect characters with "Use from animset" being selected, may sometimes result in messed up face bones positions! Thankfully the *.CONFIG's r still there, so that "bAnimRotationOnly", "ForceMeshTranslationBoneNames" and "UseTranslationBoneNames" can be set manually also! Smiley
I take it you have a solution for the messed up face bones? Haven't found a fix for it anywhere so I'm stuck with creepy faces. :/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 23:29 by rasmus » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: