March 28, 2024, 12:17
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Super Monday Night Combat  (Read 5860 times)
Miffyli

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2012, 14:28 »

Hello.

umodel and actorX importer both work almost perfectly for this game, but there are some little bugs:

1. When you import an animation and you loaded up your model with "Reorient bones", it screws up face and hands. Not all animations do this, but some of them.

After importing with "Reorient bones":

After applying an animation (That face is not part of the animation):

One thing why I kind of need support for reoriented bones + animations is that if I don't select reorient bones, skin and most of the stuff get imported correctly, but bones are in bit bad places and very hard to rig them.

2. I am not sure if this one is a bug, but when I import character and one of the weapons, and then load up an animation, weapon doesn't go where it should go. Is this because animation file is missing info for weapon bones or bug in umodel/actorX importer? I have checked many other files too, and can't find any animation files just for weapons only.

If you don't count those two bugs, both of the programs (umodel/ActorX importer) work perfectly fine. Here's one of the things I exported with umodel, and then imported with ActorX (skin, animation and sound). If you look very closely you can see that face/hand bug in the animation: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18258122/temp/testanim.wmv

I have uploaded needed files for adding support just for in case (should be right ones. Not sure about startup.upk tho): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18258122/temp/SMNCfiles.rar

Oh and Thank you for this awesome tool Gildor!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 16:05 »

Hello.
Hello
1. When you import an animation and you loaded up your model with "Reorient bones", it screws up face and hands. Not all animations do this, but some of them.
"Reorient bones" option could be used only by people who knows what it will do. This option will not allow to use animation because it will modify skeleton.
2. I am not sure if this one is a bug, but when I import character and one of the weapons, and then load up an animation, weapon doesn't go where it should go. Is this because animation file is missing info for weapon bones or bug in umodel/actorX importer? I have checked many other files too, and can't find any animation files just for weapons only.
Weapon is usially not inserted into the player skeleton. It should be attached to special bone ("attachment socket" in UE3).
Miffyli

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 19:49 »

Thanks for info. That special bone is galled "bone_RightGrip" it seems (bit offsetted, but not much).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: