March 29, 2024, 09:47
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting Complete Map Data?  (Read 18030 times)
kaziquad

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:29 »

Hey guys and gals! I have a question, and I've been working my way through out game Mass Effect 3 in order to recreate some of the locales (Levels) in the game. Now my question is,.. -dramatic pause- is there a way to have all the assets used in the level loaded as it would in the video game? Or would I have to manually recreate it myself, (which is very time consuming and a hassle xP)
I am using umodel (which I love!) and I use 3Ds Max for the 3D program.

As my last words in this post, THANK YOU GILDOR and OTHERS!!! For making such great tools!!

By the way, my purpose is for making video's, via CGI, and greenscreen if you know what i mean! Grin
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 04:56 »

I dont know if the program 3d ripper dx can rip from mass effect but it's a program that usually captures everything you see in the game
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:24 »

It's worth a shot! Thank you very much, I'll reply back soon to update the situation.
Again THANK YOU!! :DDDD
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 06:03 »

It is difficult to actually use this program, but that's why i am a noob to this one. Haha. Anyway i don't nesascarily know how to use it. May i have some insight if at all possible?
oxyfat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 22:58 »

To make the scene to study the specifics of objects and the like.
Without a thorough work - the study of all objects is impossible.
A simple example:
Example: Batman "AC"
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:21 »

Ahhh, I see! Thank you good sir/ma'am! I really appreciate your time for the reference and help. As for the map! I shall attempt to construct it.... There goes my life XD haha. None the less I appreciate all of your help.
oxyfat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 15:54 »

oxyfat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 15:57 »

я смотрю гугл /ютуб/ - меняется... (хотел картинку показать)
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 22:54 »

like this?:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=215663091889590&set=a.155549111234322.30241.145902408865659&type=1

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 14:01 by warrantyvoider » Logged
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 14:35 »

Guys, how can you actually make it work? My ME3 game crashes every time I try to use 3d ripper...
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 03:37 »

Ahh!! Yes! Much like that, I've explored your program quite a lot warrantyvoider, and am impressed along with using 3d ripper and umodel. Good job! My goal in this little search for help is to be able to transfer both textures and geometry into 3ds max to use motion tracking and green screen. Now im sure not all of this will be possible, I still have my hopes up xP.. Anyway, I've tried warrantyvoider to take only the geometry of the level along with the texture to make import to 3ds max is that possible with your program? If it is time consuming for you to find out please do not strain yourself. and oxyfat, I'm terribly sorry for not seeing your video post sooner before the video was removed, thank you to all of you. Cheesy
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35 »

Notice I have found a way to get the world file for a given map, it is titled "TheWorld.World". There really is no way to extract it so I believe, so i just dug myself deeper into a hole. XP
I used the Unreal Extractor to extract the files this time around.
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 13:05 »

well see this: http://me3explorer.wikispaces.com/LevelObject

this is far from complete, but what I use so far to get the level data:

-The Level defines Actors (can be groups of objects)
-Actors hold the position, rotation and links to the actual meshes
-Meshes hold geometry, bodysetup(physics) and materials
-materials and materialinstances define the texturesetup (HLSL usually) and the textures

So far I took this all and let it read out automatically, but as you see, f.e. materials are far from complete and I made no export function yet (the code is open if you wanna go for it). Also psks can only hold one object. I will write a better leveleditor anyway, but for this is I still have alot research to do...

greetz WV

PS: we have a forum too^^: http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/index.php
kaziquad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 05:39 »

Ahh that is very interesting! I myself have no experience in coding, such as the export tool, xP I wish i did though. The program you made is very great and is as I see it full of potential for people to mod, or like me use it in a movie. and though the material aren't loading I'm still grateful for you showing me this! for the psk's i can understand that and I really appreciate it and consider me a follower of the ME3 Explorer good sir!! Cheesy

And dont worry Gildor! I love Umodel just as much! Cheesy
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 11:27 »

Thank you alot!^^
but without gildors patience with me, this tool wouldnt exist either, so all credits go to him and everyone who helped me on the way. See ya around

greetz

PS: coding isnt hard, Eudaimonium, one of our devs, learned C# (our tool language) in like 3 weeks, now hes doing a coalesced manager, so dont be afraid to try it out, we sure would help you^^
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: