April 19, 2024, 06:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Transformers Games - Exporting sounds from SoundNodeWaveEx issues  (Read 4538 times)
hamano87

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:07 »

Hi there Gildor (and others) and good day. I need your favour and I hope you could help me. It is about SoundNodeWaveEx files.

But firstly, I would like to say THANK YOU to you Gildor for all of your amazing tools you made which help me (and other members here) in ripping/extracting game files. Excellent job I say!

Okay, back to the main issue. This issue involves all three Transformers games made by High Moon using UT3 Engine, but for this thread I narrow the focus to Transfomers: Dark of the Moon (PS3 version).

I already read your FAQs and search some posts in this forum regarding of exporting sound files using UModel (a.k.a. UE Viewer) and Unreal Extractor, but there are no one discuss about *.SoundNodeWaveEx types, possibly because your tools are useful for *.SoundNodeWave types only. Yet that is the problem I faced now because I want to extract sounds/voices/BGMs from this game but it uses SoundNodeWaveEx format!

The command line I wrote using Umodel & Extractor:
[UModel directory]umodel -all -export -ps3 -game=trans -sounds -out=[path] [source path] (Note:Batch already used)
[Extract directory]extract -extract -ps3 -out=[path] [source path]

The bad news is, UModel unable to export ALL sound files (but excellent in exporting 3D model files, thank goodness). According to the log, they are “unsupported”.
The good news is, Extractor successfully extract all of sound file types including SoundNodeWaveExs.

I know the Extractor extracts raw data. But interestingly only certain sound types are able to be played by some players (without changing the file extension!).

This is my observation about these SoundNodeWaveExs. Note: I also uses other extracting/rippng programs, which I will mention below;
1. Sound Effect & Ambience files: These are extracted using Extractor, but could be played excellently with VLC player (only) WITHOUT changing the *.SoundNodeWaveEx extension! (The problem here is, I don't know what are the actual file extensions! Tongue At least I could convert it to other file formats )
2. BGM files: These could not be played totally by VLC player upon extracted, however, if I uses Dragon Unpacker's "HyperRipper" feature, it easily indentifies most of them as *.mp3 files and could be extracted perfectly by the program... (No big problem here, but a bit curious why UModel/Extractor fails to read them in the first place)
3. Dialogues/Speechs/Voices: These are my most wanted! But sadly, none of the programs mentioned failed to read/extract them properly! Awave Studio program only identifies them as loud voices only, Dragon Unpacker identifies some as *.669 while VLC player (and other players) read them as NONE!

So these are the files for your analysis (from the three problems above). Sorry, i used Mediafire links since most of them are large (LOL, I made these like an urgent mission! Tongue) :

File: TRANS_OPTIMUS_BOT2VEH.SoundNodeWaveEx
Type: Sound Effect   
Problem: Identify the actual file format.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tb39ec54t1w6m4l

File: WL_MX_L1_SAMERICA.xxx
Type: BGM
Problem:  Explain extraction problem.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4hxrg73l70c0sy7

File: WL_DX_OPRIME.xxx
Type: Dialogues/Speechs/Voices
Problem: Identify the actual file format and explain extraction problem.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m1am75b0bbdou7g

Thank you again if you are able to help me and sorry for the loooong text. Please inform me if you need some other files for further analysis of the issues.

Suggestions for website enhancement: I hope you could also include sound compatibility list of every games tested with UModel. Other members and visitors may need this as good reference too!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:24 »

Hi there Gildor (and others) and good day.
Hi
But firstly, I would like to say THANK YOU to you Gildor for all of your amazing tools you made which help me (and other members here) in ripping/extracting game files. Excellent job I say!
You are welcome!
Yet that is the problem I faced now because I want to extract sounds/voices/BGMs from this game but it uses SoundNodeWaveEx format!
This data class is missing in original engine. But fortunately it's almost identical to SoundNodeWave. I've added support for Transformers's SoundNodeWave class (and aliased it to SoundNodeWaveEx). PS3 support required some additional code though, but it works now.

Sounds are exported in .fsb format. That's FMOD sound bank file. I've performed quick search in the google and found player for this format, and I can confirm that extracted files are fully working (unless they're encoded in platform-specific format, like XMA for XBox360 version of the game).
Suggestions for website enhancement: I hope you could also include sound compatibility list of every games tested with UModel. Other members and visitors may need this as good reference too!
I have no information to fill the new column in the table.
hamano87

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 16:05 »

Quote from: gildor
This data class is missing in original engine. But fortunately it's almost identical to SoundNodeWave. I've added support for Transformers's SoundNodeWave class (and aliased it to SoundNodeWaveEx). PS3 support required some additional code though, but it works now.

Sounds are exported in .fsb format. That's FMOD sound bank file. I've performed quick search in the google and found player for this format, and I can confirm that extracted files are fully working (unless they're encoded in platform-specific format, like XMA for XBox360 version of the game).

My, my! I actually didn't get what you mean by "it works NOW" (because I thought I already downloaded the latest UModel), then when I looked at the downloads section, I realized you just updated UModel today! Now, the data exported flawlessly! Thanks Gildor! You are really awesome, man! Cool

Quote from: gildor
I have no information to fill the new column in the table.

Hm... mabe you could start a bit NOW? I mean, in this thread you already confirmed and knew that Transformers games were sound-compatible with UModel. For other games, you could obtain information from current/previous discussions with other members. You could make a draft for future updates, though.

Just another suggestion, I am not forcing it! Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: