March 29, 2024, 19:40
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: ActorX Exporter for 3ds max 2013 problem  (Read 8751 times)
SleepMaster

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2012, 19:00 »

Hello there,
First of all I would like to thank you Gildor for your amazing plugins, you did great job Smiley
My problem is that 3ds max 2013 doesnt read your Exporter plugin, while it reads Importer one without any problem. I worked before on 3ds max 2008 and both your plugins were working fine for that version. I think that I might put Exporter plugin in wrong folder or something. In 2008 I put it in sdtplugins folder, did the same for 2013 and it doesnt read it. I am sure I used right version of your plugin, I have 3ds max 2013 64 bit and I used ActorX 2013 x64 so everything should be fine, but it isnt  Undecided I would really appreciate some help.
Greetings
SleepMaster
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 19:06 »

Hello.
You should put ActorX.dlu into the "plugins" directory.
SleepMaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 19:19 »

Still nothing  Embarrassed I already tried to put it into diffrent plugin folders but it still doesnt appear
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 19:23 »

Perhaps you're trying wrong version of dlu file - in this case Max silently ignores plugin. Also, be sure that you have Administrator privileges before doing that, because you can't modify Program Files directory when working as ordinary user.
SleepMaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 19:40 »

I do have administrator privilages and I am sure I am using the right version of the plugin. I am really curious why it worked without any problems for max 2008, but it doesnt want to work for 2013. Well I would work on Max 2013, then save then export stuff using Max 2008, but that would be really annoying, and I am working on laptop with 50 gb hdd, and I reather need space, and having 2 versions of 3ds max greatly reduces that space. I really tried everything to solve it myself, but it doesnt seem to work, so I decided to ask for help you - the creator of the plugin. If you could help me find the solution I would be really greatfull
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 20:17 »

As by myself, I had only Max 2011/32-bit installed, so I never checked these plugins by myself. But I have reports that these plugins runs well on all systems. These plugins were downloaded more that 2000 times and you're first reporting problems.

Maybe somebody else could make an advice about possible caveats here?
SleepMaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57 »

Still really dont know what the problem was, but finally I ve got it working. I reinstalled 3ds max 3 times, it didnt help, so I formatted laptop, installed 3ds max and installed plugin. It seems to work perfectly now. Thank you very much for your time Glidor, I am great fan of your plugins, like I said they are just amazing. Also I really appreciate that you care about users feedback  Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50 »

I'm glad to hear that it's working now. It looks like the problem was in your Windows installation (perhaps some antivirus sofrware?)
SleepMaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 21:56 »

I think not, because installed same antivirus software after formatting my laptop. But the most important thing that it works Smiley
If you are interested you can check out some Borderlands stuff I ve created with your plugin Tongue

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2598553#post2598553
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: