April 18, 2024, 08:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 2 weapon question......  (Read 6416 times)
Lachlann

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2012, 17:24 »

I ran the exporter and it created the .psk files for the weapons. When I open them (in Blender) it's obvious Gearbox has all options attached in the files (scopes, stocks, iron sights, etc) and simply removes the ones not needed when a "gun" in the game is created.

Is there any way to control which options are show/available when exported? Or is there some way to add/remove whole pieces/layers of the gun file (such as a scope) without having to edit it point-by-point?

I want to try exporting some of the files to a 3d printer and see if I can make some cool looking props.... but I have to get them looking like the in-game guns 1st.

(And I'm hoping that they don't just use 1 model in the game and mark unneeded parts as invisible.)
Griever

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:46 »

I'm looking for the location of the UPK which contains the weapon models but I'm unable to find them. Could you please say which one is the upk that contains weapon models?
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:34 »

I'm looking for the location of the UPK which contains the weapon models but I'm unable to find them. Could you please say which one is the upk that contains weapon models?
Startup.upk should have them all.
SonOfABot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:02 »

I realize this topic is a bit old but I am running into the same issue as Lachlann.  When you load up the StartUp.upk pack and cycle to the weapons (Shotguns, Sniper Rifle, SMG, etc) you find all variations of each weapon are layered over each other, and it's the same when exported and loaded up into 3DSMX.  Has anyone come across a simple way to cycle through the variations without having to delete parts individually? 
BallisticGE0RGE
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:07 »

Umodel won't open Startup.upk at all. No idea why, can't see the guns or any other startup assets. please help
deepshit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 19:22 »

Umodel won't open Startup.upk at all. No idea why, can't see the guns or any other startup assets. please help

I have no problem opening it with umodel.
BallisticGE0RGE
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 04:03 »

Are you extracting from the PC version? Because I am, not sure if that would be a problem. Everything else extracts fine, just not that file...unless it's a DLC issue maybe? I also have all the DLC.
deepshit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 16:49 »

Are you extracting from the PC version? Because I am, not sure if that would be a problem. Everything else extracts fine, just not that file...unless it's a DLC issue maybe? I also have all the DLC.

mine is pc too.I have both versions.With DLC and without DLC.
The only Difference is the game with DLC can't run decompressed startup othet than that umodel can open both packages.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: