March 28, 2024, 22:37
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: DmC: Devil May Cry  (Read 51350 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 19:00 »

Gildor, is there a way to export the sounds? Not only music, but also voices?
I don't know. I must have the full game to check, but I have neither game nor time for this.
SilentMuroTR

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 00:04 »

How can i inject modified textures?
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 15:27 »

How can i inject modified textures?
By learning how to create new characters for unreal engine.
Umodel is for unpacking, its basically the opposite of the official unreal plugins that you use to package/make/export characters out of 3DS max.
If you want to inject textures into characters you will first need to unpack that characters package, then re-export it to unreal editor including the new texture so it can be finished and then placed back in the game. There are lots of official tutorials regarding creating characters on all the well known unreal websites ( lots are on the official unreal editor website)
motor12v

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 21:10 »

Hi everyone!
I need some help, I want to see Dante's model and the pistols, but I cannot do it. I tried it with umodel and umodelGUI but ther were always problems. Honestly, I saw the tutorials but it doesn't work.  Huh? So, can somebody help me? 
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 00:49 »

Hi everyone!
I need some help, I want to see Dante's model and the pistols, but I cannot do it. I tried it with umodel and umodelGUI but ther were always problems. Honestly, I saw the tutorials but it doesn't work.  Huh? So, can somebody help me? 

Are you sure you have the latest version of umodel? What kind of problems do you get? UmodelGUI works perfectly in my case.
motor12v

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 22:12 »

Thanks for your quick answer!
so what I have done: after I extracted the ISO file I serached the .upk files ( Dmc-Devil May Cry; Devil Game; CookedPCConsole ) then I downloaded the umodel and the umodelGUI from this site. Then I copied the two .exe files and the .dll (which belongs to umodel) to the same folder where the .upk files were. Then I run umodelGUI. The program started, I browsed the package directory ( CookedPCConsole) and it showed me the files. Then I choosed a random file, double clicked, and some other files appeared on the left side. Then I double clicked for example a SkeletalMeshComponent, and nothing happened. The program told me: specified packages has no supported objects.
What does it mean? What should I do to see full character and weapon models? I can see only Texture2D files. I would appreciate your help!
Nikky

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 23:03 »

You have to click on SkeletalMesh, not SkeletalMeshComponent Smiley
motor12v

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 16:31 »

Thanks, it's working! But can you tell me where are the skeletalMesh files of Dante and Ebony&Ivory ? I can't find them, because there are so much files. Thanks a lot!
chowderman
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 13:10 »

Hey all. First post. Gildor, I want to thank you for creating and supporting this fantastic program.

My question has already been asked, but has not been answered. I'm trying to get to the weapon objects (Dante's sword and his dual pistols). I'm having no luck tracking them down anywhere. Has anyone had any luck?
chowderman
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 13:27 »

Ok so I've found a few of the things I (and motor12v) have been looking for.

Open the Dante_Archetypes_SF.upk file. It took a while. Like 10 minutes for me. I found:

sk_dante_ingame
sk_dante_weapon_ebony_base
sk_dante_weapon_ivory_base
sk_dante_weapon_rb_human (his sword)

Now, I don't know why, but the SkeletalMeshes I view look really strange and untextured (and mega shiny) For example:

Does anyone know what's up with this?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 14:17 by chowderman » Logged
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 15:18 »

that is probably specular maps and environment maps that the model has but umodel renders them 100% instead of a smaller number. I think if you export to for example max and tweak it will look ok
chowderman
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53 »

Is there any way to get it to display textures properly from within the viewer?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 15:36 »

Try Ctrl+G key, it will switch to different renderer.
noShigu

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 03:10 »

Hi Gildor Forums, I'm new here.
I'm having an issue with the PC version of DMC. Everytime I try to open a upk with umodel, I get a repetitive error message of "overflow of 256". It's really interfered with my plans and it'd be great if this issue could be fixed.

Thanks in advance.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 13:04 »

Hi.
I need a full error message to say anything particular.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: