March 29, 2024, 19:37
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: PSK importer for Maya?  (Read 3412 times)
chowderman
« on: February 21, 2013, 23:14 »

Sorry for being a noob, but I don't have access to 3ds Max, only Maya. Is there any change of getting an importer script to get these models into Maya?

Thanks for understanding.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 23:41 »

I have no plans to implement PSK/PSA importer for Maya unless someone would provide a good sponsorship for this. Creation of initial version of importer for 3ds Max took approximately 2 weeks of my full working time. People requested such thing, and there was no alternate ways of importing mesh into the editor. I had free time a few years ago, so I did it. Nobody made any donation for writing this script neither when I started it, nor after that.

Working with Maya could require much more time. I have no such amount of free time now, and if someone really require such plugin I can do it (I think I can). But to explain to my family why I'm not spending my time with them I must provide very strong arguments.

In my words above I haven't mentioned anybody in particular, I told it "in general". I'm pretty sure that obtaining 3ds Max and working with it's version of ActorX Importer is much easier to anybody than to sponsor complex development of such tool.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: