Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85333 times)
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
Re: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 19:32 »

Installing 4.5 now.

Anyway, thank you for all your hard work! You are making a quick updates.

I think I have reached the limit of what I had already figured out, was just mostly porting it from my other code base. Now I am looking into things I have not investigated yet, so updates will probably become less frequent. But hopefully this will be beneficial until umodel has been updated and I suspect that will be any day now Smiley
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 22:00 »

My system is a big trash can. Thats why your tool crashed over and over. I have run it on my friends PC and guess what? It worked! Grin Now im start thinking about big clean for my system.
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 20:08 »

You know the Normal maps cannot be exported?

with the error called: Cannot Extract Texture2D "SG_Shell_Normal" has an unimplemented format
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 20:17 »

You know the Normal maps cannot be exported?

with the error called: Cannot Extract Texture2D "SG_Shell_Normal" has an unimplemented format

Yes because the format is either BC5, Y8U8 or A8R8G8B8 and I have not written the code to export them yet. In my internal version I can preview all formats now, just need to write the export code.
Ziegel

Anya

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 20:25 »

Ah ok! I didn't know why it wouldn't export because its also a texture.
But as you already said if it got another compression it won't work indeed Wink Thanks anyways and looking forward!
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 06:42 »

So this program didn't like me trying to extract a model, but Texture2D works fine. UModel doesn't work for me yet, might need an update or gildor might have to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I do like having this GUI display though. Maybe you two could combine a bit more? I found Atlas_Nostrum_Icons.dds with this, which I'd assume you saw too. Very interesting file which I'm not sure how I'd locate with UModel as-is.

Also, anything about saving the extraction location so I don't have to enter it each time? And maybe highlighting a portion of files in the left side list, then hitting the extract-all whenever it is finished? I'm trying to get all the billboards currently, but you know that's going a bit slowly.

Edit: "BillBoard_Fat_N" from "S_TWN_P" says unimplemented format. You mentioned some aren't available for extraction yet - this is one of them?

Edit2: And do you think the files hold a better resolution version of "Bills_Dif" from "S_EMP_Bank2Mrkt_Geo" ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:17 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46 »

So this program didn't like me trying to extract a model, but Texture2D works fine. UModel doesn't work for me yet, might need an update or gildor might have to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I do like having this GUI display though. Maybe you two could combine a bit more? I found Atlas_Nostrum_Icons.dds with this, which I'd assume you saw too. Very interesting file which I'm not sure how I'd locate with UModel as-is.

Is it all meshes you cannot extract? Or a specific one? Some will crash the program, planning on fixing that today

Also, anything about saving the extraction location so I don't have to enter it each time? And maybe highlighting a portion of files in the left side list, then hitting the extract-all whenever it is finished? I'm trying to get all the billboards currently, but you know that's going a bit slowly.

Yeah I plan on saving the extraction directory, as for the highlighting a number of resources, I am working on a good way of doing that.

Edit: "BillBoard_Fat_N" from "S_TWN_P" says unimplemented format. You mentioned some aren't available for extraction yet - this is one of them?

Yeah Billboard_Fat_N is a BC5. I can preview it. Im writing the code to extract it.

Edit2: And do you think the files hold a better resolution version of "Bills_Dif" from "S_EMP_Bank2Mrkt_Geo" ?

No, I extract the highest resolution texture that is available for a Texture2D. So in this case 128x64 is the highest resolution.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 08:56 »

Ah, thanks. I only tried one mesh - didn't try anymore yet. If I do take models, I'd be doing rendering for the wiki, which I don't feel like trying right now. So I've just been looking into the flat posters and such. Sad there isn't a higher resolution Columbian paper bill texture, at least in that area. Hopefully there's one elsewhere.

It did randomly crash for me, but luckily I know where I was when it happened. I assume it's something you'd be fixing anyway, not like I know why to explain it anyway.

Edit: You know about the crash from just leaving it running a while, right? After that crash mentioned above, I reopened the program and opened the folder, but had to do some other things for a while so I left the program in the background. When I tried to click something in it after a while, it crashed. Just mentioning.

Edit2: I think there is a problem with getting full resolution textures. I found specific Vigor icons, but "VigorIcon_Charge" from "S_DCOM_P" is half the size of the other vigor icons, which makes no sense.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 18:38 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 19:18 »

Edit: You know about the crash from just leaving it running a while, right? After that crash mentioned above, I reopened the program and opened the folder, but had to do some other things for a while so I left the program in the background. When I tried to click something in it after a while, it crashed. Just mentioning.

Not sure on that crash, I left it for a while and came back and it still worked. But will continue investigating. Probably something silly Ive done.

Edit2: I think there is a problem with getting full resolution textures. I found specific Vigor icons, but "VigorIcon_Charge" from "S_DCOM_P" is half the size of the other vigor icons, which makes no sense.

I looked at the Vigor Icons, and found that they are all 128x128. It seems the one in S_DCOM_P is probably a left over junk one (Maybe). I found the 128x128 VigorIcon_Charge one in S_Fink_P

On another note, now that UModel has full support for Bioshock, I am going to focus more on the visualization side rather than the extracting data side. So the plan is to get level visualization in, I am going to do a release shortly with previewing of Static Meshes/Skeletal Meshes and Textures (Much like UModel)
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 19:23 »

Well I'm still getting problems with UModel at the moment. I think it's just adjustments that need to be made for nuisances in how the game works. You can see I posted in gildor's topic that some models come in at low resolution, which is a bit problematic. In fact, if you could share any accommodations you had to make in your method with gildor, maybe that can be fixed?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 22:05 »

New version of BIExplorer v0.3.2

-   Preview mode in DirectX, can preview Textures, StaticMeshes and SkeletalMeshes (Static). Any materials that cannot be rendered are rendered as wireframe.
-   Directory chosen for extract is now remembered.
-   Textures with format of PF_BC5 can now be extracted (Most normal maps). All texture formats are visible in preview.
-   Should be no more crashes with Static Meshes or Skeletal meshes.
-   PHYS materials should no longer cause crashes.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXYzQyY1VYQVBMR2c&usp=sharing

[вложение удалено Администратором]
RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 22:58 »

that is quick, thank you!
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 00:36 »

Can it load the Elizabeth models? Cheesy

Currently can't test
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 08:17 »

Can it load the Elizabeth models? Cheesy

Currently can't test

Yes, everything but her eyes. I'm working on that
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 16:14 »

Does it also keep track of the input directory?

Your program didn't seem to like me trying to preview Alpha_siren 's siren_norm from Coalesseditems or however it is spelt. x-x Locked up.
Jump to: