Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85333 times)
Pudlz

View Profile
Re: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15 »

anyone know where the handymen and old comstock are located?
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 07:53 »

Okay I have been testing on another machine with none of the prereqs installed. I have uploaded new build v0.3.3 which I have compiled individually for x86 and x64 and packaged with the correct SlimDX runtime installer. This should work correctly, if it cannot create the Direct3D Device it will show a Message Box displaying an error code. This build opens the preview window immediately, so for now its just a test build.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXYzQyY1VYQVBMR2c&usp=sharing

anyone know where the handymen and old comstock are located?

Handymen - AlphaHandyMan_Coat_RIG in package 'S_Fink_Docks_Nar1.Handyman'
Old Comstock - MaleBodyCOMSTOCK_Prophet_FullBody_RIG in package 'S_CHU_Zep_Nar1_gam.Comstock'
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:56 by Ehamloptiran » Logged
Pudlz

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48 »

thanks, where can i find the version of elizabeth when shes in her blue dress for the first time?

been having trouble locating her

also the fink brothers, firemen
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:02 by Pudlz » Logged
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 10:49 »

Installed x64 version, including running the SlimDX Installer. When I opened BIExplorer:

Then I tried siren_NORM again, and got what I believe was the same error, but the program outright crashed after I pressed OK.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:55 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 10:56 »

Okay thats better, at least now I know there is an error. Can you tell me what graphics card you are using? (If you dont know, then run dxdiag.exe. Go to the Display 1 tab, and write what is written next to Chip Type in the Device section.)
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 14:11 »

Card: AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB DDR5
Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68BF)

Basically same thing except top is more descriptive-ish, I know.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2013, 14:30 »

Okay Ive reuploaded v0.3.3. I believe the error is caused because I was trying to create a debug device in a release build (and you dont have the SlimDX SDK installed, only the runtimes) So the new version now does not create a debug device. Fingers crossed that its fixed.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXYzQyY1VYQVBMR2c&usp=sharing
Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 17:54 »

Now option ,,preview" work perfect on my PC Cheesy
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 17:58 »

That seemed to fix it. An adjustable background on the preview might be nice. The second thing I previewed seemed broken. Extracted it, realized it was this MSPaint-type smudge effect they dropped in which matched the black background.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 18:04 »

Now option ,,preview" work perfect on my PC Cheesy

Thats good, I have put an ifdef block in to ensure that I dont accidently do that again

That seemed to fix it. An adjustable background on the preview might be nice. The second thing I previewed seemed broken. Extracted it, realized it was this MSPaint-type smudge effect they dropped in which matched the black background.

Adjustable background colors, better alpha, individual color channels, viewing objects normals, and other such details are all in the works and will come in from time to time. And any material that is currently appearing in wireframe means I am still figuring out the best way to do it, and hopefully will start showing their actual materials over time.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 18:09 »

Nah, it was a flat texture which looks like they just ran a paintbrush tool up and down, set to black, so it matched the background.

I found something interesting in the files though. CoalescedItems has "TestAudioLogItem" with old text. Would it be possible to extract files like this to a text-readable format? I'd read them in Notepad++ - The point is documentation of removed dialog and such. I'd also grab the section of normal logs which might have unused ones mixed in.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 18:14 »

I found something interesting in the files though. CoalescedItems has "TestAudioLogItem" with old text. Would it be possible to extract files like this to a text-readable format? I'd read them in Notepad++ - The point is documentation of removed dialog and such. I'd also grab the section of normal logs which might have unused ones mixed in.

Yeah I can do that. All XAudioLogItems will be extractable to some kind of text format. I was thinking XML, but that wont be that readable. Any other objects you would like extractable to text format?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 18:33 »

Well I'm not really sure yet. I'm still figuring out all this formatting through your programming, learning what is actually there to check. I found Bucking Bronco was Rolling Thunder, Shock Jockey was Volt Swarm. Of course there's some old references where Devil's Kiss is a Plasmid, Incinerate. Enrage is mentioned. Might be good to document everything with multiple names for ease in finding, but that's not really for you - just a search function for those people who document.

And what exactly is the problem with getting eyes, likely among other things? I actually think UModel has the same problem, but the preview in yours is a bit more eerie:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 18:37 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 18:42 »

Most objects reference a MaterialInstanceConstant type which defines some overwrites of a base material, its easy to lookup the MaterialInstanctConstant for things like "DiffuseMap" or "DiffuseAndOpacity" and obtain the texture to use. But for example, Elizabeths eyes reference a Material directly, since the packages have been cooked, they have removed a lot of details about the material. In the case of the eye mat "Elizabeth_Eye_Single_Mat" I can tell there used to be 21 expressions used to construct the material, it had a Diffuse/Specular/Specular Gloss and Ambient lighting slot. But now they all point to 0 (meaning I can't really trace back what textures were used)

In the preview it renders those objects as straight white wireframe, as there is not much else I can do for now. Im still looking into how I can get the right textures. The materials seem to have a section at the bottom that defines texture names, but not sure how to determine which ones the diffuse (Without looking at the name)

As for the eyelashes, thats just the quick Alpha blend I chucked in there not working.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2013, 18:57 »

Luckily, this guy uses a method which works:

Jump to: