April 17, 2024, 02:13
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85253 times)
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2013, 21:52 »

New version v0.3.4 now available

-   Objects of type XAudioLogItem can be extracted as text.
-   Preview now scans Materials for textures containing DIFF and displays them. This corrects some missing textures (ie. Elizabeths eyes) but not translucent textures such as glass.
-   Fixed potential crash where Preview and Extract buttons were enabled when clicking on Filter folders.
-   Config file is now generated storing Game resource path and other options.
-   “Show only Selected” option in Parameters is now remembered across objects.
-   Fixed numerous crashes with missing texture levels.
-   Disabled normal map rendering for the moment.
-   PHYS Materials will no longer cause crash when trying to preview. (They are not previewable)
-   Fixed issue with Multibyte strings not being read in correctly.

The texture searching is a bit of a hack for the moment as I still cannot see a good way of detecting textures used on a material. Elizabeths eyelashes are still not good, due to the fact it uses a mask texture to do the alpha. So that would require another hack to work. I also turned off alpha blending as it was causing more screwups.

Future Plans

-   Multi select/extract is still not possible, working on it now for next release
-   Level visualization, I got most of the framework for it down, just need to do the actual loading/rendering
-   See if I can handle materials better.
-   Animation is still in the pipelines.

If there are any other files people want to be able to extract as text, let me know and I will enable them.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2013, 23:49 »

So basically with problems like the eyelashes, that's only a problem with the previewer? When you extract, the given files should take care of it when used elsewhere?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 23:52 by MegaScience » Logged
theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2013, 01:35 »

Download link?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06 »

Download link?

Okay Ive reuploaded v0.3.3. I believe the error is caused because I was trying to create a debug device in a release build (and you dont have the SlimDX SDK installed, only the runtimes) So the new version now does not create a debug device. Fingers crossed that its fixed.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqpBc4MrAMXYzQyY1VYQVBMR2c&usp=sharing

Same link as before.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44 »

So basically with problems like the eyelashes, that's only a problem with the previewer? When you extract, the given files should take care of it when used elsewhere?

No it affects extracting too. I think at the moment I only extract the diffuse texture where possible. The difference with preview and extraction is I can extract all textures associated with a material and not assign them, leave that up to the person viewing it in 3dsmax (or blender, etc.) to apply them. Where as in preview this cannot really be done the same way.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2013, 16:00 »

Well, remember to share with gildor when you figure more out:

theoneman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2013, 00:45 »

Love the tool Smiley what you should include (if you have time) is a search option, when you start typing, lets say Elizabeth....I type E, it will show any models with the word E, then it will start narrowing it down by the letters I type..

I love the tool Smiley Great work!

Does anyone know where the audio logs are at? Thanks!
Pudlz

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 01:13 »

where can i locate the rigged vigor bottles and elizabeths blue dress?
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2013, 15:18 »

Love the tool Smiley what you should include (if you have time) is a search option, when you start typing, lets say Elizabeth....I type E, it will show any models with the word E, then it will start narrowing it down by the letters I type..

There's a view only static meshes. It's alphabetical.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 15:25 »

The filter can also filter on any type of object as long as you know the type, its free form text. So if you are looking for the audio log text then you can filter on XAudioLogItem and check under 'C'

where can i locate the rigged vigor bottles and elizabeths blue dress?

Vigor bottles are all over the place. There are static mesh ones with lower resolution textures. And there are skeletal mesh ones, which are divided into the bottle and the lid, they have higher resolution textures. Filtering on Static Mesh or Skeletal Mesh will make them easier to find.

All of Elizabeths states can be found by filtering on Skeletal Mesh and looking under 'E'
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 21:48 »

Small Update v0.3.5

-   Decoded StaticMeshCollectionActor
-   Added normal mapping. Visually pleasing but I don’t believe is 100% accurate.
-   Fixed issue with different sized XWeakReference

The normal mapping is only preliminary. After a couple of days of research, I have found what I have done to be the most pleasing so far. I dont think its 100% accurate, but its visually pleasing for the most part, mirrored UV's dont seem to be a problem with it. Will continue to investigate at some point. You can enable and disable lighting by hitting the L key and the view Normals/Tangents/Bitangents hit the N key (The bitangent may not be correct, but I am not using those values to do the normal mapping at this time)

MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 22:18 »

How are you going to overlap this with UModel? Shocked

Edit: Might be good to put some precautions on files like GFxFont files. I tried to open one with the program, and then after a lot of lag, I pressed the arrow and realized it was 26k+ elements. Locked everything for a while. Might be good to warn about tons of elements.

Edit2: I accidentally somehow full-screened the preview of Handyman_VOX_cloth_DIFF and after I closed it and tried to select something else I crashed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:32 by MegaScience » Logged
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2013, 20:09 »

How are you going to overlap this with UModel? Shocked

I am only focusing on one game (Bioshock) and I plan to decode as much of the game as possible (Even the third party stuff such as Morpheme Anim Sets), focusing on visualization over extraction, I am doing this as a learning exercise. People should use UModel if they want to extract data, and use my tool if they want to view the internal workings of the game. I probably should move the tool off these forums soon as I feel I am hijacking it a bit too much.

Edit: Might be good to put some precautions on files like GFxFont files. I tried to open one with the program, and then after a lot of lag, I pressed the arrow and realized it was 26k+ elements. Locked everything for a while. Might be good to warn about tons of elements.

Edit2: I accidentally somehow full-screened the preview of Handyman_VOX_cloth_DIFF and after I closed it and tried to select something else I crashed.

After this update I am going to focus on speed and stability before I release any more versions.

New release v0.4.0 (for x86 only because of libzplay.dll being only x86)

- XAKAudioEventID objects can now be previewed. It will search the BNK/PCK files for the given sound using the EventID. Some sounds will not play due to an unknown codec, and others will not play due to unknown WWise Objects (Still figuring out the structure of the objects)
 - Most Voice Overs and Audio logs play without an issue. You can find most voice overs inside the files under:
    - "TheWorld.PersistentLevel.Main_Sequence.XSeqAct_PlaySpeech/XSeqAct_PlaySound"
    - "TheWorld.PersistentLevel.Main_Sequence.InterpData_*.InterpGroup_*.XAKInterpTrackPostEvent_*.XAKAudioEventID_*"
 - Includes a little Audio Player GUI, allows for starting and stopping audio, and a volume control and the name of the audio file if it contains one.

Technik_PL

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2013, 21:20 »

I think... I know BIExplorer is very good tool, much better than Umodel.
BTW: Is it possible to extract character animation from this game? Thats only question, not offer Smiley
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2013, 21:24 »

I think... I know BIExplorer is very good tool, much better than Umodel.

Each tool has their usage. Umodel has better extraction capabilities of static/skeletal meshes and textures and better rendering at the moment. But thanks none the less.

BTW: Is it possible to extract character animation from this game? Thats only question, not offer Smiley

I am investigating character animation now, as well as cleaning up my code. So it might not be for a little bit. But hopefully the next version will introduce some kind of character animation. Even if its only semi working.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: