March 29, 2024, 04:11
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Exporting models from Bioshock Infinite  (Read 85182 times)
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2013, 19:06 »

Hi All,

Thought I would just share my work in progress (Hopefully the image works) of extracting models from Bioshock Infinite XXX files. I have decompressed the XXX files and am able to extract static meshes. Working on Materials/Textures and Skeletal Meshes. Once this is done I will clean up everything and release a tool.

Gildor,

If you would like I can share my findings with you, to help provide umodel support.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 19:44 »

Gildor,

If you would like I can share my findings with you, to help provide umodel support.
Hi.
I have no idea about complexity of Bioshock 3 reversing for myself - it's quite possible that I'll need an hour or two to do this by myself (to adopt umodel's code for this game). So, thank you, but at this moment I don't need your help (I'm still unable to do any changes in umodel, sigh ...)
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 20:12 »

Just an update to say I have been able to extract textures along with Static Meshes (See image for example). Moving on to Skeletal Meshes now.

RipperOne
Sponsor

Located

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 23:32 »

Wow, thats really  nice!
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22 »

Ah, someone on Facepunch brought this to my attention. Is 512x512 the best you found for that? Because I'm sure the game holds higher resolution textures than that. I used Ninja Ripper right as I picked up Charge, and the texture on that was huge. While it is likely not the same model as the world item, I'm still curious if you could find these high-resolution variations.

Also, it'd be nice to be sure these follow a naming convention so, sitting in a folder, you can associate everything together by eye as well.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31 »

Is 512x512 the best you found for that?

Depending on the object. Alot of the world objects and characters are made up of 2048x2048 textures. Smaller objects are 1024x1024 or 512x512. (No texture is larger than 2048x2048)

Because I'm sure the game holds higher resolution textures than that. I used Ninja Ripper right as I picked up Charge, and the texture on that was huge.

I believe the texture was of the 3rd person view of the vigor. Which from what I can see is 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 (Im still learning where things are, so if I find a high res version i'll let you know)

Also, it'd be nice to be sure these follow a naming convention so, sitting in a folder, you can associate everything together by eye as well.

The naming convention will be based on how its named in the resource files. Which sometimes makes sense, sometimes does not.

Wow, thats really  nice!

Thanks.
RedForty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15 »

Just an update to say I have been able to extract textures along with Static Meshes (See image for example). Moving on to Skeletal Meshes now.

Wow, how are you doing this? I still can't figure it out. I'm trying to extract the vigor bottle meshes.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 22:01 »

Latest update, I have been able to extract SkeletalMeshes, just working on the bones and skinning

Wow, how are you doing this? I still can't figure it out. I'm trying to extract the vigor bottle meshes.

Well first step was to figure out the compression. I looked at the executable while it was running to figure that out, doesn't seem to be a typical compression (Although I am no expert in that area). Then its just time and patience to look through the files for the data.

MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 23:35 »

Too bad we still can't get the animations, though.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 23:39 »

Too bad we still can't get the animations, though.

After I get skinned skeletal meshes, I will look into animations. No promises though, theres a lot of custom stuff.
grub

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 23:53 »

Wow! this is insanely cool! Thank Ehamloptiran!

Can we decompress levels too?
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 02:29 »

Shantytown might be weird if that is possible. I discovered the Impound map is part of it. I ghosted to the high platform above the entrance and started running at enemies, but when I went past the point the entrance door was at, the rest of the map unloaded and the Impound loaded. I fell into the map. They simply put a loading screen on the door, but it is one map.
Drsalvador45

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 13:51 »

Shantytown might be weird if that is possible. I discovered the Impound map is part of it. I ghosted to the high platform above the entrance and started running at enemies, but when I went past the point the entrance door was at, the rest of the map unloaded and the Impound loaded. I fell into the map. They simply put a loading screen on the door, but it is one map.

Wouldn't be surprised if more levels had tacked-on loading screens, considering that the (unpatched) game slows to a total crawl in some places when it loads the world.
Ehamloptiran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 20:22 »

Latest update. Skinned skeletal meshes. Seems to be all good, need to test it some more. But so far no issues.

Wow! this is insanely cool! Thank Ehamloptiran!

Can we decompress levels too?

I can see all the data, including level data and custom items such as Morpheme and Kynapse related items, its all pretty useless outside of the package though, like its just a series of Components and kismet sequences, etc. I do plan on implementing a level visualizer.

Wouldn't be surprised if more levels had tacked-on loading screens, considering that the (unpatched) game slows to a total crawl in some places when it loads the world.

The way it works, is there is a persistent level, and sub levels are streamed in and out when certain triggers or events occur. So yes levels are joined. The way I plan to implement the visualizer is to load in all packages reference headers and let you choose which "TheWorld" instance to display. Something like that.

grub

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 21:06 »

Very nice! Does this include character expressions? Mouth and eyebrow movements, eye blinks and squints, stuff like that?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: