March 28, 2024, 22:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tera terrain/world extraction  (Read 15286 times)
purm

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2013, 20:22 »

Hey guys,

i want to extract the terrain from tera (ue3 based game), it looks like the stuff is stored in ".gmp" files. those files are normal ue3-packages (can be extracted with gildors extraction tool)

but now i want to create a merged view of all the terrain, with all the objects (for example trees or rocks, etc.) on it.

this might could look like this when it's done:
http://cotdp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/RedcastDemo_Northshire_Abbey1.png

(Screenshot taken from WoW, same requirements, but other file formats of course)

i think the correct term of what i wanna do is to "extract the level" of the game (i am not quite sure since i am not a native english speaker Tongue)

i also think some of the information i search might be stored in the "TheWorld\PersistentLevel.Level" file within the "gmp"-archieves...

maybe somebody knows how to archive this,
i would be pleased with any help Smiley

thank you very much & i apologize for my crappy english  Roll Eyes
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:25 »

Hm, I did something similar with lineage2 by using dx ripper to capture an entire scene. Dont know if it works with tera though
purm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 18:54 »

Hi

i allready tried that, unfortunately this is not a possibility for some reasons... But thanks anyway for the tip
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 14:44 »

I'd suggest you to look at the ME3 Explorer project. I think it's only the project for the moment which has level viewing capabilities.
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 15:38 »

Try Ninja Ripper.
purm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 00:09 »

hi again Wink

@teoma since ninja ripper works the same way as 3d ripper dx, it is not working for me neither, but thanks anyway

@gildor... thanks one greate tip, but i am stucking in some trouble with ME3Explorer:
ME3 Explorer only works with lowVers == 684 && highVers == 194... unfortunally the tera packages have lowVers == 610 and highVers = 14 (so the format is older i guess)

i tried to ignore the version check, but its definitly not working that way... there is something wrong about the blockCount... i read that some tera packages may be obfuscated? is this true, and do you may know how to deobfuscate them?

would be great if you could help me... Smiley
thanks

by the way... is your extractor tool or umodel open source  Huh? if it was i would be able to combine your source for extracting the packages with the me3-explorer-level-viewing stuff to archieve what i want...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:19 by purm » Logged
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:49 »

if you have some sample files I can have a look into it. as a starting project you could use this and modefy it (its big endian for xbox, just use normal bitconverter class for pc): http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1794.msg14258.html#msg14258

greetz WV
purm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 13:15 »

sure i have some example files...

http://dfiles.eu/files/2e647ub4m (for legality reasons there is a password on the file, which i will pm to everybody interested...)

i also tried out the tool you wrote for injustice... (of course i changed the code to work for little endian...) but seems not working anyway, there have to bee some small file format differences...
warrantyvoider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 17:21 »

like this?!

weird the namecount is bigger than the actual list, dunno why that is... now hunt down the classes that contain the terrain mesh Tongue

get it here

greetz WV
purm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 17:55 »

wow nice thank you very much Smiley

i think the namecount can be fixed that way (taken from another post from gildor):

public static void Init()
        {
            header.NameCount = GetInt(0x19);
            header.NameOffset = GetInt(0x1D);

header.NameCount -= header.NameOffset;
[...]
Alcatraz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 18:54 »

It seems your right,   header.NameCount -= header.NameOffset; it's the fix
Teoma

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 20:51 »

Did it work ( you extracted a region)? Is it possible to support make same support for other games ?
purm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 21:27 »

Actually I am not done with researching and peogramming
.. This will absolutely take some time...
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: