March 29, 2024, 08:51
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect Machinima (Environments?)  (Read 8618 times)
A Pissed Iguana

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2013, 00:44 »

If anyone could help me, I would vastly appreciate it.
So, what we are doing is making a Mass effect machinima with resources from all three games. (Which I bought off of origin). However, I am trying to find a way to get my hands on environments from all three games for the machinima, but I cannot find anything, anywhere.
Does anyone have any environments that can be opened in UDK for machinima purposes that they wouldn't mind sharing? This is really the only thing we need to move forward with the project. I cannot stress enough how much you would be helping me out with this...
Also, anything that would give us more to work with and make the machinima easier to make (we are novices with UDK.
One last thing- is there a way to record what a player does as an animation? (It would make making long war/action scenes MUCH faster).

If anyone could help me out, that would rock!
pontius911

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:22 »

Hi. First of all, tell me exactly what you mean. Do you need game objects, characters or sky boxes? right now I'm messing around with game characters, playing with animations and animtrees, and creating biotic effects and tactical cloak. Right now I have fully animated characters with tactical cloak and biotic waves. I did exported few game objects, but they all messed up, unsorted and few of them don't have transparency option.
P.S.: the only way to record everything that happening on stage is through  creation of Camera Actors.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:29 by pontius911 » Logged
A Pissed Iguana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 19:14 »

I am trying to get it to where I can open a mass effect environment in UDK for an awesome machinima project. I have everything else pretty much down (models, animations, etc). We are just trying to get environments for the characters to be in for the stories. We make a Gears of War machinima with the gears of war editor (just an early version of UDK essentially), and it is super easy to make machinima with, we open the .war file for the map and it has all the characters and things we need on it. Then we just move cameras and make cinematics. We are looking for environments that are ready to just open and add the characters to so we can make our story....
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: