March 29, 2024, 02:41
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: TERA: Exiled Realm of Arborea  (Read 99786 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 22:58 »

Try to load animation directly from the bind pose (not from another animation).
noazett

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 00:01 »

Try to load animation directly from the bind pose (not from another animation).

thanks for the fast reply.
I tried that, but it doesn't work.
also in the actor x import window, the animations with issues gives exactly the same frame length as the climbup[33] (angry[33], applaud[33]...)

well client is still on beta, so maybe they didn't include these animations yet
thanks again
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28 »

what? I thought I had the latest version, my mistake then Smiley Sorry about that
Kindred
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 21:18 »

Anyone know how to get 3dsmax ActorX plugin to choose the right textures, or which textures you should use?

For example, with armor I believe there are Normal, Diffuse and Specular, and it wants a file named _MI.tga, but the MI file (MaterialInstanceConstant folder?) isn't a TGA file.

Thanks.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 20:27 »

to get "bumps" we use something called normal maps. They "push out" details from the model. The whiteness you see is from alpha maps. The textures has a hidden layer with black and white telling max/gameengine where on the texture something should be transparent or opaque.

Look up

- alpha map / alpha channel

- normal map / bump map

to learn more
Kindred
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 00:16 »

Ooh I think I get the bump map thing now - I didn't know it could be called a Normal map.  Applying that bitmap I can see what you mean now about "pushing out" Smiley

So I'm not confusing myself further, can you please list what each name is in 3dsmax?

norm = Bump (this value set to 0.3 by default - is that from the mesh or just a default and will need experimenting with?)
diff = Diffuse Color
spec = Specular Level (or is it Specular Color?)
cstm = ??
mask = ??
addon = ??
LOD2 = Presume this means level of detail, like when you want to render an object more/less precise, and probably not needed in this case.

The alpha map/channel you mentioned would make sense where I saw the white patches - so I must be missing which file it uses that from (like one of the above).

Thanks again.
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 00:35 »

normal is not really bump either, but easier to call it that, it stores info from a high polygon model that you apply on a low polygon model

Specular is the....level i think but could also be color so put in both slots. It tells max where to place specular. Normally you have specularity all over but this for example says that metal has more spec than skin etc

mask could be the alpha i was talking about. sometimes it is not baked in a texture but is a separate black and white image. It shoule be placed in OPACITY slot, the rest you can skip
Kindred
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 01:13 »

You are a star Smiley  The _addon.tga is a black+white image, and when put in opacity it rendered perfectly.

It is a bit of a pain to have to do this manually, but the difference is pretty significant so worth doing.
Kindred
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 15:33 »

Hmm maybe my 3dsmax skills aren't upto scratch (i.e. total noob), but even with normal/specular/diffuse applied I still can't seem to get them to look right - the umodel textures still look a lot better.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 16:02 »

Actor X Importer should automatically map textures if you will correctly set up it.
Kindred
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 17:18 »

Typical then I pick the one model it doesn't fully work with Cheesy  It seems to be just that one model with the opacity, and I was thinking because that was broken the rest was (and thus tried doing it manually).
Kindred
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 01:19 »

As I've gone over more it isn't just 1 or 2 with issues, quite a lot of the textures render with white areas where it would seem to want opacity, but they don't have that _addon file with the black+white mask for opacity.
Kindred
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 17:29 »

Edit: think I figured it out, if it works I'll post how, but seems a bit fiddly.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 20:32 by Kindred » Logged
cleodj
L2tool User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 08:28 »

1 - someone have the tera executable unpacked?
2 - someone can teach me how to open the client without the main tera.exe check for the luncher?
3 - i simply need to open the game, i dont need a seerver to play and i know there i no one availble.

please if someone can help in some of those 3 questions, please reply or pm me, i will be VERY grateful.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 11:06 »

I've got a dumped executable - it can be analyzed but cannot be launched.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: