April 17, 2024, 03:30
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to edit what textures are used in-game? (Infinite)  (Read 5214 times)
necromancatrix

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:56 »

Hi,

I know it's mentioned that some things can be repacked, but I'm hoping it's alright to ask before I just start using trial and error. I've edited some character textures for Infinite, and I'm wondering if there's actually any way to load them in the game.

I'm wondering if this is possible through editing and repacking something with Umodel. I'm also wondering if it's possible to change anything to load a loose file instead of one from textures.tfc if that can't be changed itself.

Thanks.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 13:33 »

Hi.
Umodel doesn't have editing/repacking capabilities.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 15:48 »

I know the other program on this forum basically spit out all the data in the files, although I'm sure putting it all back together would be nearly impossible, if not so. The game wasn't built for modiblity.
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 22:01 »

This is something I am working on.

Well at least raw object replacement
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09 »

Although it'd have to be static models since we can't mess with animations. Otherwise things might go insane...
necromancatrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 08:25 »

Alright, thanks guys.

Hopefully someone eventually finds a way to just edit the texture paths.
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45 »

As far as I know, there are files which point to mass archive files containing actual models and such. I can see how this could be difficult to modify, as all the files are in large, monitored clusters of consistent size. You could easily program modification protection so even if you could figure out how to recompile it, it'd instantly know the file is wrong. But if something like that was implemented is another story...

Just saying, if this can't be figured out, don't be disappointed. I'd be surprised if they find a way to do it without crashes or confusion.
interdpth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 16:29 »

PKG->Decompress->Read Export Table-> Extract Object

FingleFadangle

Import Object back to format->find room for it->Rebuild export table/just change the offset->Compress/Hack BI to accept uncompressed PKGs->Back to PKG!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: