Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: newbie help with PSA files  (Read 1976 times)
Failboy

View Profile
newbie help with PSA files
« on: December 17, 2013, 02:24 »

Hi, I and new to these forums, and made this account because I have been plagued one small problem all week.

I was just wondering if anyone had came across the same issue I have been having....  I have PSK files and PSA files taken from a UPK file (from Batman: arkham city ) (ty umodel)

my problem is, the psa files do not seem to import into my 3d animation package (blender, various versions) . I have a fair idea on how its done, but it freezes the psa importer... The animations show up fine in skelviewer.exe

I know I should(and will) be asking on the blender support sites, but I have to ask here first:

is there anything unusual about the PSA files in batman arkham city, which will make this difficult? are there any inherent issues with the animations in this particular game which could make my life difficult.

Also , as a side note (just wondering), Has anyone had success with using blender and PSA files ?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: newbie help with PSA files
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:31 »

Hi.
There are some extensions to PSA which umodel exports (in .config file) - these extensions are supported by ActorX Importer (3dsMax) but doesn't supported by SkelEdit.
So, if animation correctly visualized in SkelEdit - this is a plain PSA file, with nothing unusual.
Jump to: