April 18, 2024, 09:50
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [ Resolved ] Medal Of Honor Airborne " _stream.xxx " archives problem  (Read 6331 times)
Vosvoy

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2014, 20:55 »

Hi mates,

I'm here because with decompress.exe + extract.exe ( from your website ) I could extract the content of some .xxx archives of this game ( like " TH_S_STREAM_Audio_LOC_int.xxx " ) to grab the sounds of this game.

But, on some other archives ( mainly blabla_stream.xxx ones ) Umodel, decompress.exe and extract.exe don't work at all. For example: " Aud_Weapons_All_SoundRiot_stream.xxx " on decompress.exe get me this " notify message ":

Code:
ERROR: Wrong tag in package: 4C0B0000
FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:C:\Umodel\other
\decompress\Aud_Weapons_All_SoundRiot_stream.xxx, ver=99999/0, game=0 <- Main

I used any arguments in Umodel like: -list, -moah, -nomesh, -nostat, -noanim, -lzo, -zlib, etc... No ( good ) result.

So, back to Google and I found a topic on Xentax where a guy was talking about lzo compression/decompression but it's very confusing for me -> link

More details: I use XBOX360 version ( for XMA to WAV conversion ) of the game but the PC version don't work either. I could post one of this file if that could help you more but I don't think that's allowed.

Can you guys and/or Gildor help me about it?

Many many thanks in advance guys and have a good day.

PS: Sorry for bad english.

Vosvoy

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 15:37 by Vosvoy » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 21:07 »

Hi,

I think packages you've mentioned are not real Unreal packages, or they're processed by file system before Unreal engine gets access to them. "Wrong tag in package" usually indicates that kind of error.

Really, Unreal engine sometimes sets "xxx" extension for all files, even not for packages. This extension indicates "cooked" state of the file, but not the file format. Probably you should find different tool for opening these files.
Vosvoy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 21:16 »

Thank's for the reply dude.

Okay, well no chance for me I guess ( too bad there is sounds in these -> XMA flags ). So, I think that the guy on Xentax was right: could be a lzo compressed archive or something. But I'm not an expert about that and when I open those in HxD I don't get any clue to find what kind of archive they are.

EDIT: Never mind. Those files only contains ambient and intro parachute sounds in each levels. Can be extracted via XMA only. Nothing more.

Thank again anyway Gildor.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:17 by Vosvoy » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: