Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: animation with model is tilted sideways when imported to 3dmax instead of up  (Read 6010 times)
dfgf

View Profile
animation with model is tilted sideways when imported to 3dmax instead of up
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:04 »

Hi. I extracted Americas army 2.8 animation and model, but when you import to 3dmax its tilted to the side. Other games in general tho work fine and coordinates are intact when you simply import there standing up straight.
dfgf

View Profile
Re: animation with model is tilted sideways when imported to 3dmax instead of up
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 15:42 »

Sorry for double post. Gildor do you have any idea?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: animation with model is tilted sideways when imported to 3dmax instead of up
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:54 »

I didn't understand your problem.
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 15:59 »

Basically when you import a character model, then animation with him, and say for example you choose "walking" animation, as soon as the animation plays the character falls sides way on the grid walking lying down, instead of standing up and naturally doing the animation like other unreal game extracting. Hope this makes abit more sense
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 16:12 »

Does this animation sequence works well in umodel's viewer mode?
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 16:54 »

Yes.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 16:56 »

Give me the upk, please, and tell the name of mesh and the name of animation (or post a screenshot in umodel where this animation works well - all required information will be there).
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 17:56 »

Okay im back. Sorry didn't get a chance to reply. Ok im not sure what to do from here. Do you mean .ukx file? Do you want me to upload that for you to check it out with actor x so you can tell what im talking about, I hope you can fix it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmty7kf1kd5rbj2/A-charactersMil.ukx?dl=0 Just choose any psk character, choose soldier arctic saw, and then run through the animations soldier_3p.psa, and choose your anims, you'll notice his lying down in t-pose instead of standing up and doing the animations lying down.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 19:00 »

Everything works very well. I think you didn't change "Mesh rotation" settings in "Mesh settings" rollup.
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 04:11 »

Sorry can you show me step by step how to find it. I tried google search and nothing came up for mesh rotation or mesh settings rollup. If you mean in ActorX, what numbers do I set it to to make him stand properly, what did your one say? Any tips
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:54 by dfgf » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:43 »

Just look at ActorX Importer window - it has a lot of settings Wink
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 11:54 »

Do you know how I would transfer these animations to ut2004, how what I go about this. Would I create a psa from the file, open it in unrealEd, then rename it to an existing animation with by changing the name to uts one? Or do I need to do this a different way?

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55 »

Check ActorX tutorials in Internet, most likely you'll find answers to any your questions there.
dfgf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:29 »

Im seriously having problems with the actor x scaling settings, nothings working, can you tell me how you made it work by default? That would make things a whole of a lot more easier. I change the settings but its going haywire, howcome it worked for you when you first opend it up? Did it work for you when you first opend it up? How do I make it load like all the other animations from other games standing in t-pose straight, whys it different with Americas army, changing the settings didn't help. Or maybe you can tell me what you changed them too. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:32 by dfgf » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 11:14 »

You must change "scale" settings before loading a mesh and animation. Changing scale after loading will not have any effect. Scale for mesh and animation should be the same.

Changing of rotation could be done at any time. Try "Maya" preset button.
Jump to: