March 29, 2024, 10:39
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Dishonored Sound effects  (Read 5123 times)
not.razvn

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2014, 17:40 »

Can anyone tell me how to unpack sounds from dishonored? I think I know what files they are in (ones in .pck format) but I can't get them to open, I always get an error, from what I've found on the forum the file type is not compatible but on the other hand some say they got it to work so how can it be done?
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 16:44 »

Can anyone tell me how to unpack sounds from dishonored? I think I know what files they are in (ones in .pck format) but I can't get them to open, I always get an error, from what I've found on the forum the file type is not compatible but on the other hand some say they got it to work so how can it be done?

It doesn't use the unreal engine's sound system, it uses Wwise. Just like unreal games that use Fmod, you can't access it's sounds without special tools designed for Wwise. typically Wwise has two file extensions it uses for audio content, .bnk (soundbank) and .pck (soundpack).

The easiest solution these days is Ravioli Game Tools as it detects and extracts them without need command line programs that needed certain settings. For dishonored you need to download both 2.8 and the patch 1 for 2.8, then apply the patch by overwriting the original plugins folder with the one in the patch.

then open .pck and .bnk from dishonored for export.
not.razvn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46 »

Thank you! It worked flawlessly!  Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: