March 28, 2024, 23:50
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Android support  (Read 12428 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2014, 21:05 »

Android support has been significantly improved. I've added "mounting" of Android obb files to umodel's virtual file system, so you may point umodel on startup (-path) to a directory containing obb file, and umodel will display its contents in UI.

Also, texture support has been improved. Umodel now works with DXT, PVRTC and ETC cooked files. ATITC support is not implemented because of lack of open-source ATITC libraries.

You may check screenshots of my tests - I tried Android version of Injustice: God Among Us, and it worked perfectly
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.813543672022768.1073741827.176350295742112&type=1

Update 14.05.2015 ETC packages are fully supported now. Previously textures marked as "DTX5" didn't work and error message was displayed instead.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 21:59 by Gildor » Logged
Straight Edge

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:20 »

Hmm... I extracted the obb of Injustice from my android and tried to extract whatever I could from it and I got this message:

Found 0 game files (0 skipped)

The command I ran was:

P:\OBB>umodel -path=P:\OBB\injustice.obb

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Huh? Embarrassed
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 16:25 »

You shouldn't specify file as "path". That should be a directory. Use UI to make correct settings.
raykingnihong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 23:54 »

Hi Gildor
My good friend, thank you very much for your great work, I tested the Android games, but I have no luck, to extract the TGA file is correct, I do not know I was wrong, what place, ask for help, thank you again for your help

The following is the content of extracting texture is only 24Kb
00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 20 00 00 00 00 00
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 01:24 »

Hi.
How did you extract that texture? Details, please.
raykingnihong

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50 »

Hi Gildor
My good friend, I came directly from the default umodel, without using any parameters
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:50 »

Still no information. At all. What game are you trying to check? What's the problem exactly? What are you doing? What UModel is doing?
raykingnihong

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 15:31 »

Hi Gildor
My good friend, Please forgive my English is not good,I extracted the obb of Injustice from my android and tried to extract whatever,Here is a screenshot And the sample TGA file https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6a28b826be5f1236!199&authkey=!AIUuz-Ju9pNVd3s&ithint=file%2c7z  In order to facilitate the study of file format, I uploaded the game
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 16:22 »

Well, I see you're extracting "Injustice ..." game. It is fully supported. I can say that
1. you don't need to extract obb file - UModel can display obb contents
2. I have this game downloaded, it has data for 4 platforms - adreno, mali, powervr and tegra. 2 of them are supported and 2 - not, because of different texture compression methods. Unsupported: adreno, partially mali (uses ATI and ETC2 texture compression), and supported - powerver and tegra (uses iOS and DXT texture compression).

Look at my 1st post in this thread - you'll find screenshort (link to facebook page).
raykingnihong

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 16:47 »

Hi Gildor
My good friend, thank you very much for your help, I could not extract the game right, I guess it is the game version of the problem, here's my game client
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6A28B826BE5F1236!202&authkey=!AA--WSsL0BfKHhE&ithint=folder%2c
or can give a game with me, thank you
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 17:47 »

You have standard message on your screenshot: "There's no visual objects loaded now". Try different packages. Try "Scan content" option to find meshes, textures etc.
raykingnihong

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 17:54 »

Hi Gildor
My good friend, I have this message in error, do not show any texture

Loading Texture2D T_Distort from package UDKGame/CookedAndroid/anim_aquaman_SF.x
xx
Loaded in 0.23 sec, 10261 allocs, 5.66 MBytes serialized in 108 calls.
Unsupported ATI texture compression
WARNING: Texture2D AM_OceanSplashes_Emis has no valid mipmaps
Unsupported ATI texture compression
WARNING: Texture2D AM_Water_Strings_NormA has no valid mipmaps
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 18:21 »

You must read this post:
2. I have this game downloaded, it has data for 4 platforms - adreno, mali, powervr and tegra. 2 of them are supported and 2 - not, because of different texture compression methods. Unsupported: adreno, partially mali (uses ATI and ETC2 texture compression), and supported - powerver and tegra (uses iOS and DXT texture compression).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 21:57 »

UModel got full support for ETC Android textures. Previously, ETC packages with "DXT5" textures didn't work.
For now, only ATITC textures are not supported. All other texture formats works well in UModel.
mr.pecel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 05:45 »

Well, I see you're extracting "Injustice ..." game. It is fully supported. I can say that
1. you don't need to extract obb file - UModel can display obb contents

Look at my 1st post in this thread - you'll find screenshort (link to facebook page).

Hi Gildor, this also happen with me. I already have 3 versions, mali (that you already mention that this version didn't supported) powerVR and tegra. None of it work. Umodel don't display anything in 'choose a package to open'. Do I did something wrong?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: