March 28, 2024, 22:13
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mismapped and unused textures (BL:R)  (Read 1955 times)
n49o7

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2015, 04:08 »

Hi,
Thanks for making this tool. It's very easy to use with the GUI.

I'm trying to extract models and textures from Blacklight Retribution to Cinema 4D. Here is what I did:
- Used UE Viewer to extract the data (3 folders: MaterialInstanceConstant, SkeletalMesh3, Texture2D)
- Used Blender to turn the psk files into obj files (the associated mtl files are empty)
- Opened the obj files in C4D (scaled, rotated)
- Placed the tga textures in a material in C4D (_diff in color and _s in specular)
- Applied to each object

Here is the result : Link

My problem is that although UE Viewer has extracted the other textures, I can't use them directly. They're not mapped correctly.
And in addition to the other tga textures, I also have mat materials that I don't know how to use: Link
In the first picture, I only use TX_HackerB_Custom_Dif.tga and HackerB_S.tga for the character on the right.

It's normal in video-games to have complex objects such as characters made of several meshes with their textures split up across several files.
But now I don't know how to put them all back together.

How do I use these files to get the textures to map correctly?

Bonus : Link
Here they are with normal maps and better lighting.

Edit: Maybe this could be moved to the Unreal Engine 4 forum, but in my understanding the problem is with the Blender import script. It doesn't provide UVW mapping for all 'objects' in the mesh.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 18:55 by n49o7 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 21:39 »

Hi,
Thanks for making this tool. It's very easy to use with the GUI.
Hi.
You're welcome.
Edit: Maybe this could be moved to the Unreal Engine 4 forum, but in my understanding the problem is with the Blender import script. It doesn't provide UVW mapping for all 'objects' in the mesh.
You're speaking about UE3 game + Blender - definitely not UE4.

I think you have a problem with Blender script. If you have 3ds Max - try using "ActorX Importer for 3ds Max" - I'm responsible for it.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: