March 29, 2024, 01:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: ActorX importer Save and load  (Read 4353 times)
subzerinol

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:19 »

Hi all, I notice that if I reload a max file I cant add animations to skeletalmesh through actorXimporter; I had a max crash so I cant finish a 30000 frames animation, is there a way pls?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:33 »

Hi,
I'm not responsible for Max crash. May be your Max is out of memory - try upgrading your computer, or use newer Max if possible.
subzerinol

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 01:58 »

Hi gildor, thank you for answer me personally..and sorry for the delay...I see your reply just now...I dont hold you responsible for my crash absolutely, my crash happened for a blackout!I use 3d max 2013 64bit(last patch) on windows seven and actorXimporter 1.30\ intel i7 5930k \ 16gb ram dd3 corsair 1600mhz \ SSD 250gb OS 2x2TB archive\ Nvidia GTX 780 ti. I dont think it can be a hw problem. If u say that is possible to load an animation after save\reload a max file I presume that the problem is in the file itself; but if I load the script how does it know on which skeletalmesh(if there are more than one like in my case) it has to load the animation?Thank you again gildor and very sorry for my grammatical abominations  Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:56 »

Hi.
MaxScript has no possibility to crash Max.
Regarding to your question: you should load a mesh first, and then animation.
subzerinol

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 19:14 »

Maybe my english is so bad that I am not able to explain...I ll do an example:
1)I load a skeletalmesh, I load a .psa and I load a track. All work.
2)I load a skeletalmesh, I load a .psa and I load a track. I save the max file, I reload the max file, I load a track but it doesnt work, but just for that fle with 30k frames..

In anycase this is not a great probem, I solved this easily saving the first part as fbx and aligning the same skeletal mesh reloaded with second animation part..

Thank you again..Bye!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 21:12 by subzerinol » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 21:42 »

It's known issue: my importer script requires psk mesh (not a .max scene - exactly psk mesh!) to be loaded first, and animation - next. I have this issue in my TODO list, but
1) I don't know how to fix that and allow at least save/load of max scene (just have an idea, but nothing special)
2) I don't have a time for UModel/Importer ...
subzerinol

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 04:04 »

Yep, when I say skeletalmesh I mean a skeletalmesh.psk and it works perfectly, I wont to seem polemic, your work is wonderful, amazing, once agai cause you did it for free and share it to us, I apologize if it seems more than a simple question. You saved a lot of time in my work, I did good cinematics with 3d max, motionbuilder, after effects and premiere and umodel\actorXimporter give me a big boost in my pipeline.

My problem is relative to have more than one skeletalmesh.psk in a single max scene(in fact when u try to import a second skeletal mesh, the first backs to the initial position), to do that I ve to convert the current skeletal and his animation to a FBX or alembic object then import another skeletalmesh.psk and load track on that...and so on...I can do it man!Thank you again!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 10:56 »

Thank you for kind words.

I understand that the workflow with multiple meshes is not simple. But I'm not a MaxScript "Pro", it's hard to change current things. The current code works for years, and I'd need to change code in many places to support multiple meshes. And I'd expect that it will not be bug-free. Taking into account amount of free time I have now, ActorX Importer will be in unstable state for a few months.
subzerinol

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:18 »

Those words are deserved absolutely!I understood about multiple mesh but it's not really a problem, the solution is pretty easy with FBX and alembic, that script doesnt need any change!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 14:38 »

Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: