March 19, 2024, 06:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat X  (Read 58310 times)
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 00:17 »

Well, tbh, @ this point, just being able to decompress the files would be fantastic. Extracting textures & files sure that would be great. Extracting meshes isn't necessary at all. Even with MKKE there's nothing we can do with them cause we can't repack them back into the char Packages & have the Game engine load them.

On MKKE PC we can only manipulate textures, which we extract from decompressed packages. We can't do anything with the actual model/meshes. Any other modding we do is direct manipulation of the actual packages {Tables, Materials, Etc... }. Not the meshes.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 00:33 »

For me, I don't understand why "repacking meshes back" could be important feature Smiley
Textures, sound - ok, that could be useful for people who translates games to other languages. But meshes?
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 02:46 »

Well, It would be good cause then we would be able to alter the meshes & create custom characters {In theory}. But I highly doubt either mk game would be able to read them.

We as modders are more concerned with modding MKX similar to how we did with MK9. Which involves editing the textures to create new costumes/skins, swapping materials, editing the data tables, etc... However the 1st step is decompressing the packages.

ID-Daemon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 17:34 »

ok, i've extracted the textures and they seem to be encrypted. Posted that on Xentax. Was that in any previous MK games? Or maybe it's just a compression that I don't know. At least it's not DXT1/3/5
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 17:36 by ID-Daemon » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 18:12 »

Which software did you use to extract textures? May be the problem is with that program?
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 20:57 »

The Texture2D files were not encrypted in Injustice nor Mk9/MKKE.

The texture files for MKX are contained in the .tfc files for characters/costumes that have them {which is most of them} the ones that don't have .tfc files do have the texture2d files in the Char Package.

*EDIT*
The Texture2d files for MKX are not encrypted. I've verified this with a friend who was able to view it in a texture viewer.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:30 by UncleFestor » Logged
ID-Daemon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 09:08 »

And what is the format?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 11:05 »

Could anyone tell me the size of the largest xxx and largest tfc file in this game? Are there files larger than 4Gb in this game?
I'm asking that because game format uses 64-bit file offsets internally, while UModel uses 32-bit offsets everywhere.
Straight Edge

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 11:08 »

Largest .tfc file I see is 480MB (BGND_KR_IL_Tunnel.tfc) and the largest .xxx file is 479MB (SND_MUS_SpecialModes.xxx) I don't see anything larger past the 1GB size.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 11:09 »

Ok, thanks for the information Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 12:17 »

Well, I've got some progress with this game.
MK X package format is supported now. Please note: not data - just package format. So, "decompress" and "extract" are working now.
Straight Edge

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 12:24 »

^^Good to hear. Cheesy
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 17:13 »

Thanks for the updated tools. They work perfectly for the xxx packages Smiley

DarkSoul

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 20:06 »

hey gildor thanks for the new decompressor and extract for mkx

im getting a notify with decompressing the files for this game

Code:
******** E:\...........\UmodelMKX\CHAR_SubZero_B.xxx ********

WARNING: wrong size of E:\............\UmodelMKX\CHAR_SubZero_B.xxx: differs in 912 bytes

also when i want to load the decompressed file into the game crashes and i need to restart my pc

the extract works fine tho
UncleFestor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 20:48 »

Yeah I'm also getting the same errors. I didn't notice the notify file @ 1st & thought that because the file that was in the unpacked folder was larger, it had decompressed correctly, but, it doesn't Sad

I've attached the log to this post.

[вложение удалено Администратором]
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: