March 28, 2024, 14:11
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mesh / Texture import errors- strangeness  (Read 3674 times)
atomapo
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:21 »

Dear Gildor!

Now I can export-import, and i can see the textures on the models inside 3ds max, BUT:

- Subject: Mortal Kombat X  .xxx pack exporting to 3ds max, and after the method.....
- BRIEFLY : Eyeball mesh separate, too shiny texture, missing eye textures, missing bumpmaps
- MORE : Please, take a look at the linked screenshot pack, and you will see what the problems are.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/atz7au87g77h767/Problems-_screenshots.rar

If You know what am I doing wrong, please describe it to me.
IF it is harder, more complicated to understand via text message info, please join some screenshots /like me/ about "where and how" to solve/ find the right settings.

This message is primary for Gildor, but if anyone got the same error, and nowadays found the solution, please help me!

Thank you for the answer!

Regards!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:23 by atomapo » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41 »

Hello,

1. Regarding "bad looking materials in Max". I suppose you're expecting that UModel and ActorX Importer will do all the job for you? If so, you're not right. You're getting a mesh, and approximately (sometimes very approximately) looking materials. Everything else you should do by hands.

2. You may point importer's textures directory to some directory which holds subdirectories. So, if you have C:/Export/CHAR_Raiden/Texture2D/... and C:/Export/Startup/Texture2D/... - then you should simply point that option to C:/Export, to allow Importer to find all textures.

3. Regarding eye meshes - I don't know. I never tried to load MK X meshes into Max, but a lot of other people did that.
atomapo
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 13:56 »

I saw after the post a comparison view about the two subzero model's texture TGA in faststone viewer , and i found that, the downloaded version is edited in some part of the diffuse map, but why the hell an edited, after photoshopped texture looks more similar of the ingame character's  look than the original texture map which was extracted immediately from the game???

I really don't understand. Sorry if I am wrong about this, but I presumed that, UE viewer is a tool which can extract the fully original character + texture from the game, and after that, when I export it to xnalara, it's look exactly the same as in the game.

What is the reason why the ingame character models looks other , different colou in some parts than the extracted one? Whats the game developers trick about it? I don't understand the " principle of operation" of the original game, the UE viewer, and the uploaded extracted models from the internet.

Last question: Can UE viewer ensure the same look quality of any extracted model from any game as on the ingame view?

If not, what kind of parts are missing to get the exactly same look? why an ingame model looks better, whats the gimmick? Roll Eyes
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 14:02 »

Do you know what is "material" or "shader"? Artists are not using plain textures for meshes for more than 10 years.

Look here - http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,246.msg2502.html#msg2502
On the left side you can see mesh with "texture" mapped, but on the right side - the same mesh, but with material (which includes the same texture as diffuse channel, but with a few other textures used too).

Does this makes sense for you?
atomapo
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 14:18 »

So a lot of addition effect parts, like emissions, environmental effects , bumpmaps, lightmaps etc.. is this right?
Sorry, 3d modelling is not my "table".

I saw the tutorial vid about the ctrl+T option for more mesh parts, but when I exported them to 3ds max the eyeballs are still on the ground. If you don't know, I wil ask some guys on deviantart.
atomapo
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 14:20 »

The extraction quality is depending on what kind of videocard I have?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 14:25 »

The extraction quality is depending on what kind of videocard I have?
No. Extraction could be performed without a videocard at all.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: