April 19, 2024, 05:00
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UE4 and Android/iOS  (Read 5059 times)
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:14 »

Hi!

I was trying new mobile games that uses UE4 on UModel, the meshes seem to extract fine, but it appears to have issues with the textures.

Here's the error log:

iOS - Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion

Code:
******** cookeddata/deathwatchgame/content/characters/spacemarines/meshdata/tacticalmarine/textures/t_sm_arm_left_01_d.uasset ********

Unknown texture format: PF_PVRTC2 (34)

******** cookeddata/deathwatchgame/content/characters/spacemarines/meshdata/tacticalmarine/meshes/skm_sm_backpack01.uasset ********

Unknown texture format: PF_PVRTC4 (35)

******** cookeddata/deathwatchgame/content/environments/armoury/mesh/arm_skybox_01.uasset ********

Unknown texture format: PF_PVRTC2 (34)

******** cookeddata/deathwatchgame/content/environments/armoury/texture/arm_skybox_01.uasset ********

Android - Guardians of Valor

Code:
******** ProjectDilmun/Content/Characters/Shared/Materials/M_CH_Diffuse.uasset ********

Unknown texture format: PF_ETC1 (48)

******** ProjectDilmun/Content/Characters/Creatures/Cobra/SK_CH_Cobra.uasset ********

Unknown texture format: PF_ETC1 (48)

Just another note, scanning content Android/iOS with UE 4.8 crashes UModel.

IOS Samples: https://mega.nz/#!vZ8mQaCD!NiWUgLW1bemKQnU4Ap8wjbWPzqrXetaOZfLJW4uk9dg

Regarding the Android, all the files are in one .PAK of 200mb that UModel can read so, what can I do in this case? Just upload it?

Thanks a lot!! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:53 »

Hi,

Thank you, I've fixed iOS support. Now textures works well for me.
Regarding extraction from pak files - some time ago I've added such capability to UModel, exactly to allow people to provide me files without uploading whole paks. Just select some files in package list, and instead of opening them, press "Tools" button, and "Save selected packages" there. All packages will go to "UmodelSaved" directory (no way to customize yet, but it is planned).

I'd like to get UE4/Android texture files, especially those which reported as PF_ETC2_RGB and PF_ETC2_RGBA. PF_ETC1 should work now.

Just another note, scanning content Android/iOS with UE 4.8 crashes UModel.
These games use 4.7, I think. At least those files you sent to me. Anyway, scanning (and anything else) will work only if you'll provide correct UE4 version.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:52 by Gildor » Logged
lolwat
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:07 »

Hi Gildor,

Thank you!
As always, you are insanely fast! haha Cheesy

I re-tested both games and the textures work like a charm now! Wonderful!

I'm not sure I got your post right, but do you still want some files to test out? The Android ones? Or...?
I can surely provide them to you, just let me know!

BTW, regarding what I said about scanning, it's nothing really major. I'll try to explain:

I can pick UE 4.7, UE 4.6, UE 4.5... and it will scan all right. It shows the content and such.

When I pick UE 4.8 and scan, this happens:

I believe it's not an usual thing, that's why I'm reporting.

And thank you one more time for helping us out!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 16:53 »

This is very strange bug. I'd like to know how to reproduce it, so I'd try to fix it when I'll have free time.
Huzzel
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 17:35 »

I'm having trouble opening the PC version of Warhammer Deathwatch:

SerializePackageFileSummary4 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=0/0 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:deathwatchgame/Content/BP_AIGeneral.uasset, ver=0/0, game=10000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:deathwatchgame/Content/BP_AIGeneral.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=411

I did read that they "enhanced" the game for the PC release, so it might very well be very different.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 17:37 »

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2583.0.html
Huzzel
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 18:46 »

Ah thanks, my bad. I thought 411 is new version that isn't supported yet, because i could only select up to 409.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 18:50 »

Shocked
"4.9" is Unreal Engine's version. "411" in your message in UModel's build number.
Huzzel
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 19:11 »

Yeah i see it now. I thought i had tried all version numbers, but it must have been with a file that didn't contain any meshes or textures. Then i drew false conclusions from that.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: