March 28, 2024, 23:21
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Umodel crashes when trying to open a Stranglehold archive  (Read 2607 times)
strangleholdfan2015

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2015, 11:32 »

I deselected animations (due to the fact the game uses Havok for animations), tried the stable release then the latest branch from Github,  did all the override stuff (game, compression method, platform), and it still crashes. The only archive I was able to open without it crashing was MwyVehicle.xxx, which just contains shaders and a few scripts.
******** Loading object StaticMesh3'market_0s.doubleFusionBillboard_smesh' ********

ERROR: RawArray item size mismatch: expected 12, serialized 45

SerializeBulkArray <- FStaticMeshUVStream3<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel3<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- UStaticMesh3::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh3'market_0s.doubleFusionBillboard_smesh', pos=3530B5C, ver=375/25, game=8104 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:market_0s <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=407

******** Loading object StaticMesh3'Engine.MatineeCam_SM' ********

ERROR: StaticMesh has 2170 UV sets
FStaticMeshUVStream3<< <- FStaticMeshLODModel3<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- UStaticMesh3::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh3'Engine.MatineeCam_SM', pos=229EE4, ver=375/25, game=8104 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:Engine <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=407
What the hell am I doing wrong? Does Umodel and UE Viewer only support the Xbox 360 version?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:34 by strangleholdfan2015 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50 »

Check the compatibility table - you should unselect StaticMesh too.
strangleholdfan2015

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 14:26 »

Thanks, works like a charm now.
Will there ever be support for static mesh viewing and sound extracting for Stranglehold?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 14:36 by strangleholdfan2015 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 14:48 »

No, it is not planned.
FominRoman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 10:59 »

No, it is not planned.
What a shame... or there has been some development since 2015?
I'd really like to make a proper rerip of music from Stranglehold (PS3 version to be precise), that's the reason I redownloaded the game so it's a major letdown if it's not possible.
If you need any amount of sample *.xxx just tell me Gildor & I'll post them.
Goodbye!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:06 »

What a shame... or there has been some development since 2015?
There was a lot of development - for other games, for ALL supported games, for UE4. I'm often saying the phrase: it is not possible to support everything. I have too little time for UE Viewer, so I should "filter" what is feasible to do with such a little amount of time, and what's not. Sorry.
FominRoman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 11:31 »

So it's not possible to extract audio from *.xxx files with umodel.exe & there's no use posting samples? Just to be sure.
Later and thanks for all your work already invested in UModel!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 11:39 »

Audio of PS3 game? I think there's no PS3 game where you can do that with UModel. I did support for wav, ogg, xma, and even partially opus format, but for PS3 it's something absolutely different. Some people have experience ripping audio with "package extractor" tool, it will create a number of "raw" files, with data used by Unreal engine. You'll see a number of SoundNodeWave files, and sound will be somewhere inside, in platform-specific format.
FominRoman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 16:54 »

I think there's no PS3 game where you can do that with UModel.
Well I ripped Legendary (PS3 ver.) a month ago with just UModel and all was OK, I just had to rename output from *.mp3 to *.msf then it played perfectly with VGMstream plugin.

Some people have experience ripping audio with "package extractor" tool, it will create a number of "raw" files, with data used by Unreal engine. You'll see a number of SoundNodeWave files, and sound will be somewhere inside, in platform-specific format.
I know this routine, I used it to rip dozens of VGs back in the day including Stranglehold for PC & PS3 and it works fine in most cases.
The problem is it's virtually impossible to rip sounds with just Unreal Package Extractor (extract.exe) when codec is plain XMA (Legendary X360, Homefront X360, supposedly all GeOW titles except PC ports) or MPEG (say Stranglehold PS3).
I made a somewhat tolerable rip of the latter game when I renamed those SoundNodeWave files to *.mp3but that was merely a workaround, especially when there's no apparent way to extract embedded MP3s out of files (maybe Novasoft Extractor but its scanning ability isn't too good when it comes to scanning for contained MP3s and I had years to test that program on multiple VGs including numerous PS3 titles).

So long!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: