March 28, 2024, 22:34
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: SMITE Texturing  (Read 7075 times)
SmiteNews

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2015, 01:20 »

Hi, it's me again Smiley
As always: Sorry for bad English.

I've uploaded many smite models, and in most cases, I never had problems...but now there is ONE model that is freaking me out. Sol
This is how she is supposed to look in-game:

Well, in  THIS ZIP are the textures that uModel extracted. To Default Gods, Smite has 1 upk to model and animations, and one separated to Textures, but to Skins gods, Smite has everything in 1 upk. The thing is, that in the "Default Textures".upk of Sol, there is all thte textures that are in the Zip (default), and in the "SolRecolor".upk, there is only the textures that are in the Zip (Recolor).

Anybody knows how to texturize her in UDK? All that I know about texturizing in UDK, reduces to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiaZOBv6fkw
In 2014, you could open directly the Smite's .UPKs in UDK, but now you have to use uModel... So, I can't see an example of where the Mask textures and everything goes...and I don't have an SMITE .upk that can be open directly D:

So, is anybody here who can help me with this? I have this tools, if is needed to anything: 3Ds Max, Motion Builder, Maya and Blender (I have no idea of how to use Blender)

I want to export the model and textrures properly because I'm uploading the 3D Models to Sketchfab (3D Model platform) to share the Models in my page.
I manage to export the model of "Ratatoskr", and this platform is so cool that accepts animations Cheesy Here you have the model, if you want to see it, it's HERE

(The password (if asks) is: gildorrocks)

Also, as you can see in the Model, Ratatoskr has the arcorn like "glued" to his hand... If I want to upload the model without animation, with 3DsMax I click on "Editable Mesh" and selecting by object I can delete it, but ALL the bones will "deattach" (I don't know if I'm using the right term) from the Model, so I cannot export the Animations :/

If anybody here knows how to use 3DsMax, can give me a hand, please?

Thanks in advance:
-Agustín
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:00 »

Anybody knows how to texturize her in UDK?
I see that this mesh is generally use "emissive channel" and "fresnel" material effect. Just play with them in UDK.
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 13:53 »

Sure, but I don't know how to apply properly the textures, because it's not just Diffuse Normal and Specular in 1 material. it has a lot of textures (and 2 materials) D:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 13:59 by SmiteNews » Logged
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 18:51 »

Sure, but I don't know how to apply properly the textures, because it's not just Diffuse Normal and Specular in 1 material. it has a lot of textures (and 2 materials) D:

oh, and the .MAT files that uModel extracts may help me in some way?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 19:08 »

oh, and the .MAT files that uModel extracts may help me in some way?
Only if this model is displayed correctly in a viewer. But I don't think so, because this mesh has multiple material channels baked into RGB texture - UModel works well with just a few of UE3 games using this approach, like TRON and Bioshock.
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 19:25 »

So what can I do?  Undecided
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 19:28 »

Experiment Smiley
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 23:01 »

Experiment Smiley

That's what I was doing Tongue I guess I will just not upload her...Materials and Textures are very complex things...
Short Question: .DAT files are associated with UDK? In the case of SMITE there is one for Text content, but I don't know how to open/extract/decompress/explore the .DAT file... Any Idea?

Thanks, Master Gildor  Grin
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 23:04 »

PD: in wich part of Russia do you live?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 23:07 »

.DAT file extension is something very generic. Too generic to say anything particular about it. And it is not something from Unreal engine, it is specific to Smite. So I can't say anything about it.
PD: in wich part of Russia do you live?
In Saint Petersburg (currently I'm temporarily in Armenia).
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 23:18 »

Oh, okay Tongue The weird thing is that I have found some Smite texts (that I can edit without problem, and run the original game and the edited text appears) but the Text lines that I'm interested are not inside those files... There is a possibility that are Text Lines inside a .UPK file?

Ah, and I ask you about where do you live because of the Time Tongue Is 16:17 here in Uruguay but in Armenia is like 11:15, right?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 23:22 »

Oh, okay Tongue The weird thing is that I have found some Smite texts (that I can edit without problem, and run the original game and the edited text appears) but the Text lines that I'm interested are not inside those files... There is a possibility that are Text Lines inside a .UPK file?
Yes, it is possible. Especially subtitles - they are packed together with sounds.
Ah, and I ask you about where do you live because of the Time Tongue Is 16:17 here in Uruguay but in Armenia is like 11:15, right?
It's 23:21 right now here. And I'm working the whole day ... Our project is going to public "beta" in 2 weeks, so we're in "rush" (no weekends etc) Smiley
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 23:31 »

Project? Shocked Any info? Tell me that is in English please  Grin I'll check some .UPK files that I just skipped...thanks Gildor.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 23:35 »

Project? Shocked Any info? Tell me that is in English please  Grin
This is my "secondary" project which is going to be released soon - http://www.nvidia.com/object/iray-for-rhino.html
This is my "primary" project where I work since last Winter, and still working - https://www.simplygon.com/knowledge-base/integration#unreal
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 23:39 »

That's very cool  Shocked I'll let you work, but I think I'll bother you another day Grin Thank's again!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: