March 28, 2024, 12:48
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: (Smite) Custom Decompression  (Read 2972 times)
SmiteNews

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2015, 05:53 »

Hi again  Grin

Is to my understanding that Smite has custom compression... I did the research and I just can't figure out how to "decompress/decompile" (whatever that is called). By logic, the custom compression algorythm could be found like "in the things that Smite.exe does", because (I think) that the game decompress the files before launching. So, can you tell me how to do this? Or it's kind of VERY illegal? (because I know that uModel is "kind of" illegal  Roll Eyes )

And, if by "casuality" I found the Compression Algorythm, How can I "use it"?

Oh, and looking into my old threads (made by me) on this forum, I found that you said that You were going to (maybe) update uModel to use Decompressor in GUI...  Is this an "on-going" idea?

Thank you in advance   Wink
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:06 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 11:16 »

Hi again  Grin
Hi
Is to my understanding that Smite has custom compression... I did the research and I just can't figure out how to "decompress/decompile" (whatever that is called).
Me too Smiley
By logic, the custom compression algorythm could be found like "in the things that Smite.exe does", because (I think) that the game decompress the files before launching. So, can you tell me how to do this?
Do you know x86 assembly? Did you ever reverse engineer programs? I don't mean "guess data format" work, what some people proudly name "reverse engineering" too, I mean - read assembly code and fully understand how it works. So?
Or it's kind of VERY illegal? (because I know that uModel is "kind of" illegal  Roll Eyes )
Usually companies "closes their eyes" or even positive about UModel. I believe they aware about it. But if someone adds encryption or user compression, that means "keep away from our data", so reversing that and making that public (open-source project, do you remember?) won't create positive reaction.
Oh, and looking into my old threads (made by me) on this forum, I found that you said that You were going to (maybe) update uModel to use Decompressor in GUI...  Is this an "on-going" idea?
Do you know "package decompressor" tool? That was about it. Nothing regarding Smite.
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 13:28 »

Do you know x86 assembly? Did you ever reverse engineer programs? I don't mean "guess data format" work, what some people proudly name "reverse engineering" too, I mean - read assembly code and fully understand how it works. So?

Nope, but I have something to see/search now Tongue I don't know how to do it, but I want to learn Smiley (of course is not easy)

Any "advice" or some term that maybe can help me on my research?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 13:38 by SmiteNews » Logged
SmiteNews

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 01:31 »

Hi! I just wanted to say to everybody that SMITE is now fully supported!

"-game=smite" with the decompressor should work, and all the game files now can be opened with UModel also...

Thanks again, Gildor!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: