Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Problem Working with some UPKs  (Read 2790 times)
ixitimmyixi

View Profile
Problem Working with some UPKs
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:56 »

I'm trying to view/extract some assests from a game's upk files. Here's there error I'm getting. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance Cheesy

appDecompress: unknown compression flags: 514
appDecompress:CompSize=44884 UncompSize=131072 Flags=0x202 <- DecompressBlock:block=3429+AF54 <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FString<< <- Name:0 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CookedPCConsole/Startup.upk, ver=893/0, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:startup_xxx <- UnPackage::CreateImport:CookedPCConsole/ANDROXUS_ASSETS_SF.upk:192 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- SerializeFMaterialResource <- LoadObject:Material3'ANDROXUS_ASSETS_SF.MAT_Nebula_Mesh_Master', pos=112C0D, ver=893/0, game=8000 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:ANDROXUS_ASSETS_SF <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=411
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Problem Working with some UPKs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 13:36 »

https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/issues/6
is that yours issue?

Copy-pasting my response here.

"unknown compression flags" are usually means either encryption, or custom compressor. I'm rarely dealing with such issues because most likely I'll not be able to support it (i.e. wasting time trying to find a solution), plus developers can notice that their encryption was broken and submit a new one in new patch, breaking UModel's compatibility again,

Another reason for not doing that: when developers apply encryption, they silently say: "keep off from our data" (another possible reason is to use some better compression, but it is very unlikely). I'd prefer to keep UModel to be legal tool and to not provide any troubles to them.
ixitimmyixi

View Profile
Re: Problem Working with some UPKs
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 16:43 »

aha, I see. Thanks for your speedy response. I sort of suspected this what was happening, but had to see if there was a fix. You're the best Gildor! I wish I could figure out some way to get into these upk files though Cry ..I only want to use the assets to create art to help promote the game they came from.
Jump to: