March 28, 2024, 22:19
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Splinter Cell Blacklist Decompression  (Read 3765 times)
3DS

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2015, 07:52 »

I'm trying to decompress all the archives, unumd works ok on small files but many larger ones is giving me errors.
<cmd> unumd.exe -unpack -noxor PEC-Main.ass

Found 45 game files (60 skipped)
buf=20000 file=23CE4F1A dir=11 F=A1
compr tables: skip=CE71 uncompTblSize=D6DB compSize=CE71
Processing: Compressed/PEC-Main.ass
Extracting ...
******** Compressed/PEC-Main.ass ********
*** ERROR: Trying to allocate 600723226 bytes
appMalloc:size=600723226 <- SaveUMDArchive <- ScanFile:Compressed/PEC-Main.ass <
- Main

Also tried, offzip.exe -a -1 -z -15 PEC-Main.ass, the data output is inncorrect. Any way to solve this problem..
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:27 »

I think .ass contains texture data. A kind of UE3's TFC file. So it is completely unusable. What are you planning to do with it?
3DS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 17:06 »

nothing important really, just been trying to learn a few things about the unreal file system, which is complex and way over my head.
seem's since conviction, they multi packaged everything, split massive chunks of data off. Leaving headers and small portion of data for the individual unreal packages.
however I tried renaming and swapping some ass files around crashed the game a lot. got it running ok without any textures mostly, no idea what I changed. could not reproduce
got a print screen.

The only thing I would like is to rebuild the entire paladin aircraft in unreal engine 4. which is possible with ninja ripper, 3dxripper and a massive amont of work.
Just to much inaccuracy, of object locations is the main problem. moving hundreds of objects from 0 axis, fixing textures one by one copying uv's from obj etc.
I started it and quit twice.

cr4zyw3ld3r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:31 »

Impressive that you got the game to load that far. I was unsuccessful in getting conviction to launch at all.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: