Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: please help, i can't do anything with .pskx files  (Read 5891 times)
lauwer1000

View Profile
please help, i can't do anything with .pskx files
« on: July 24, 2016, 03:38 »

Awhile ago i ripped the files from a game and i noticed this week that some are in pskx format. So i have tried for the past few days to import, export, or do anything with .pskx files. I have tried using actorx importer for max 2016, all that i get is an error loading file message with the file directory. I have tried using skeleditor, but nothing happens when i load them in or the program crashes. I have tried using UEviewer but nothing happens when i try to load in my ripped models (pskx) and direct from game model (upk) (i use the window that prompts the game file directory to open and stuff). I have tried all the blender pskx importer scripts (3-4 of them), they only import a dot/single vertice when i try. I have deleted the X on the file to try and convert it to psk but that doesn't work at all. I have tried using milkshape with no results. I have even taken upk files and try to get them in udk (unreal 3) and that doesn't work either. I am out of ideas and very frustrated, can anyone help?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:44 by lauwer1000 » Logged
dracosfire83

View Profile
Re: please help, i can't do anything with .pskx files
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:57 »

Rename it and remove the "x" so it is a .psk file.
lauwer1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:39 »

i have already tried that, the models will not load at all, it breaks them completely.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 12:22 »

"pskx" described in UModel's FAQ. You should not rename them, because UDK will not accept these files, they don't have a skeleton. You can load these files into 3ds Max and then export to any other format, like FBX.
lauwer1000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 05:28 »

I have been trying that to no avail. i can't seem to import them to 3dsmax.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 12:17 »

Well, I see your another post here - http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,228.msg20964.html#msg20964
I responded.
Jump to: