March 29, 2024, 12:23
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Lost Ark  (Read 63193 times)
korribanscion

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2022, 23:13 »

@stephan: There is only one version of the game in steam, and the provided specific build for steam still should work with it, as far as I know.

I'm not sure if it's the latest download you provided or something on my end, but when I extract the steam exe from the zip and attempt to run it, I just get a "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error and it doesn't open. Any idea why it would be doing that? I've tried running it as admin, running in the root directory with the game files, in the game directory... no dice.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2022, 23:39 »

@korribanscion: You're missing required dll, which is shipped with official umodel builds. Simply put specific build in the same folder with official build.
korribanscion

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2022, 23:53 »

So I did as you mentioned, but now have a different problem: when I try to run the exe on one of the upk files, I get this (I mentioned this in the zenhax thread too):
lzo_decompress(4969,38731) returned -6
appDecompress: CompSize=4969 UncompSize=38731 Flags=0x44 Bytes=A4A5 <- DecompressBlock: block=AD+1369 <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FString<< <- Name: 0 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable3 <- UnPackage::UnPackage: ZHJ4TZKZ4EDB4E224EWXXSBH2V.upk, ver=868/16, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage(info): ZHJ4TZKZ4EDB4E224EWXXSBH2V.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based

I'm not sure how to read this since I don't know the way the unpacker works... is this encryption related?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2022, 00:48 »

@korribanscion: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,3055.msg41847.html#msg41847
korribanscion

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2022, 06:56 »

@spiritovod thank you so much! I didn't put 2 and 2 together lol
korribanscion

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2022, 19:54 »

Alright so, I got the viewer working. The problem is all it opens is a bunch of black bounding boxes and a couple vertex maps. Where the hell are the character models stored? I looked through everything in the Packages folder. Also found a couple static display items.

Do I not need to decrypt the files further first? With LAPTool I've been able to unpack a few of the primary data ones, but all I get are a bunch of xml files.

These two things combined makes me think I'm not looking in the right place at all, or something changed with the steam release. Where are people finding the character models?
korribanscion

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2022, 19:58 »

And I should mention: I've seen a few people's screenshots where they've managed to open model files, and they all have nice normal names: EFGame/Packages/CH/npc01.upk, for example.
 Mine don't look like that at all. Mine are all a jumbled mishmash of characters and numbers.
Gnomorez

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2022, 13:51 »

Thanks to Brouznouf internal navigation was fixed, so here is specific build for the game (link, updated) - you need to use game specific override option at startup screen. Skeletal/static meshes and textures should work properly, animations are not supported due to ACL compression, some materials are not supported as well (you don't need to disable them though, since umodel shouldn't crash on any package or asset, supported or not).

There are two builds for ru (la[.]mail[.]ru) and steam clients in the provided archive now. All other clients are not supported at the moment. It's recommended to rename ReleasePC\LOD9*.upk to textures.tfc for proper support of effects textures.

Update: Specific build updated with support for crunch compression, so most textures should work even in latest game version. Note that it's more like test build and it may eventually crash here and there, especially when used on PCs with low amount of RAM.

Update 2: Small fix added to specific build for better memory handling.

Update 3: All crashes related to textures should be fixed in the updated build (fix2 version).

Update 4: Separate build for steam client added to the archive. Some animations may occasionally work, but most of them are using ACL compression as well.

Most textures fail to load. Especially the ones related to character face,body and hair for some reason. Renaming LOD9*.upk to textures.tfc does not improve it.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2022, 17:42 »

@Gnomorez: You're talking about materials, while all textures should work properly. The problem is that materials refer to other packages with actual names instead of hashed ones. I have no idea how and where those "hashes" (they're not real hashes though) are resolved into proper names, thus particular materials doesn't work.
eye

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2022, 09:11 »

@Gnomorez: You're talking about materials, while all textures should work properly. The problem is that materials refer to other packages with actual names instead of hashed ones. I have no idea how and where those "hashes" (they're not real hashes though) are resolved into proper names, thus particular materials doesn't work.
Fatal  Error!!!helpe..@spiritovod

* 20220302130045.png (23 KB, 627x281 - viewed 198 times.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:13 by eye » Logged
whattheF

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2022, 15:58 »

Thanks to Brouznouf internal navigation was fixed, so here is specific build for the game (link, updated) - you need to use game specific override option at startup screen. Skeletal/static meshes and textures should work properly, animations are not supported due to ACL compression, some materials are not supported as well (you don't need to disable them though, since umodel shouldn't crash on any package or asset, supported or not).

There are two builds for ru (la[.]mail[.]ru) and steam clients in the provided archive now. All other clients are not supported at the moment. It's recommended to rename ReleasePC\LOD9*.upk to textures.tfc for proper support of effects textures.

Update: Specific build updated with support for crunch compression, so most textures should work even in latest game version. Note that it's more like test build and it may eventually crash here and there, especially when used on PCs with low amount of RAM.

Update 2: Small fix added to specific build for better memory handling.

Update 3: All crashes related to textures should be fixed in the updated build (fix2 version).

Update 4: Separate build for steam client added to the archive. Some animations may occasionally work, but most of them are using ACL compression as well.

Most textures fail to load. Especially the ones related to character face,body and hair for some reason. Renaming LOD9*.upk to textures.tfc does not improve it.

HALow did you manage to fix the problem? iload in the UMODEL but no mesh found
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2022, 16:35 »

@eye: Only a few animations may be supported, but most of them are not, it's written in the original post. If you want to do batch export, disable animations at umodel startup screen before loading game in it.

@whattheF: You can do a scan in umodel via context menu option, and then sort results by supported types (meshes/textures) - this way you can see in which packages meshes resides.
whattheF

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2022, 19:49 »

@eye: Only a few animations may be supported, but most of them are not, it's written in the original post. If you want to do batch export, disable animations at umodel startup screen before loading game in it.

@whattheF: You can do a scan in umodel via context menu option, and then sort results by supported types (meshes/textures) - this way you can see in which packages meshes resides.

you have discord bro just one to ask someting realy need
WARNING: Unknown class "rb_bodysetup" for object "rb_bodysetup_2"
WARNING: Unknown class "rb_bodysetup" for object "rb_bodysetup_2"
Loading StaticMesh3 lv_rad_drlands_rocktest02_sm from package LOSTARK/EFGame/textures.tfc/Packages/201M8XI1QI82XGIFE7JEH61.upk
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 19:51 by whattheF » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2022, 00:19 »

@whattheF: You can simply ignore most warnings in logs, they're for information purposes only and you can see many of them, because the game is customized a lot. It doesn't affect exporting of supported assets in most cases (meshes and textures).
eye

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2022, 09:00 »

@spiritovod Thanks,man~ shocked
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: