March 28, 2024, 23:49
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham Knight Shader Tree to UDK?  (Read 1636 times)
UT2003

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2016, 23:24 »

Hi,

is it possible to unpack and import the materials in the udk? I like the gerstner waves from the ocean water and the flow maps shader technique by rain.

regards,
ut2003
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 00:52 »

Sorry, I think it is not possible to export/import full materials from/to UE, there's no such capabilities in editor. Even more, the engine is extensible in this area, so if material uses some custom node added for specific game, you will not be able to reproduce this material in another engine (say, UDK).

All I can do in theory (with lots of coding on UModel's side) is displaying material's outline, or saving it into some readable format, for possibility to learn how it works.
UT2003

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:13 »

Sorry, I think it is not possible to export/import full materials from/to UE, there's no such capabilities in editor. Even more, the engine is extensible in this area, so if material uses some custom node added for specific game, you will not be able to reproduce this material in another engine (say, UDK).

hi gildor,

thanks for your answere, yes the shader technique in arkham knight is advanced e.g. PBR. But this is not important for me. I need not the full shader tree, for me is enough when i can read segments from this shader in a text file.

or saving it into some readable format, for possibility to learn how it works.

That would be awesome. Cool I can send you a test file from the game.

regards,
ut2003
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:18 »

That would be awesome. Cool I can send you a test file from the game.
As I said you, this is just in theory. A lot of work required for that, and I believe this will not happen in nearest future because I have lots of more prioritized things which I can't complete just because of missing time.

Sorry for disappointing you.
UT2003

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:23 »

Is ok, maybe one day. Smiley

@offtopic,
thanks for your greate tools.

regards,
ut2003
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: