Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Texture export from decrypted Rocket League UPK files  (Read 3092 times)
greatpass

View Profile
Texture export from decrypted Rocket League UPK files
« on: October 04, 2016, 22:35 »

There is a tool to decrypt Rocket League UPK files I am using. UPK explorer seems to suggest that the files are successfully decrypted.

I'm trying to get access to thumbnails that are contained in the UPK files to export a TGA.

An update dropped today with new items, umodel is not able to export textures from those new items.

Here's the error it fails with:
Code:
Found 13 game files (15 skipped)
Loading package: decrypted/antenna_seastar_SF.upk Ver: 868/12 Engine: 10897 Names: 155 Exports: 40 Imports: 22 Game: 8000
Export "Antenna_SeaStar_Thumbnail" was found in package "decrypted/antenna_seastar_SF.upk"
Found 1 object(s)
Loading Texture2D Antenna_SeaStar_Thumbnail from package decrypted/antenna_seastar_SF.upk
******** Loading object Texture2D'antenna_seastar_SF.Antenna_SeaStar_Thumbnail' ********
*** ERROR: Package "decrypted/antenna_seastar_SF.upk": wrong name index 24445302
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=00016788 <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'antenna_seastar_SF.Antenna_SeaStar_Thumbnail', pos=16788, ver=868/12, game=8000 <- UObject::EndLoad <- Main:umodel_version=469
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Texture export from decrypted Rocket League UPK files
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:50 »

This game actually was not "officially" supported by UModel. The forum just have information how to extract everything. You could try disabling texture loading to avoid crash.
Ske

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:31 »

It seems like the devs made a couple minor changes to the file format, which causes UModel to crash when loading because some offsets are wrong or something. Small .upk files load fine (like Hat_Pigeon_SF.upk). Could you add support for this?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:06 »

Sorry, this game is not in my "todo list". I'm rarely working with encrypted games. Also, I'm having less and less free time last year, so I must carefully select features for UModel - pick the most important ones and drop less important.
Jump to: