March 28, 2024, 15:36
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Friday the 13th: The Game  (Read 23859 times)
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 17:06 »

Ah, sorry man: This is when I run it with 4.14:
Package "/F13Virtual/Content/Characters/Counselors/Prep/Mesh/Skeletal/Counselor_Male_Prep.uasset": wrong export index 5
UnPackage::CreateExport:/F13Virtual/Content/Characters/Counselors/Prep/Mesh/Skeletal/Counselor_Male_Prep.uasset:5 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:7/13 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'Counselor_Male_Prep.Counselor_Male_Prep', pos=4C1A, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=584

It still scans reveals the contents of the packages, but crashes when you open them, I'm guessing because it's still actually 4.13, but I still get the same. Here's what I get if I try to scan the packages using 4.13 override...

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 17:13 »

Damn, my changes didn't help showing what's wrong. So, I'm "blind", I can't help with this game without files (I think - without huge pak files).
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 17:14 »

What will happen if you'll press "Debug" button in Windows crash window (that one seen on your screenshots)?
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 17:58 »

Hmmm... It just asks me to load Microsoft Visual Studio. I'm no coder so I'm as blind as you from here on with that. I COULD upload one of the core paks, but like you said, it's huge... about 2.5 gig... Tongue
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 15:35 »

Okay, so the final version is out, but it doesn't look like uModel is working still. I just tried exporting using the override game detection for 4.13 (the build file says that it's meant to be running on:

{
   "MajorVersion": 4,
   "MinorVersion": 13,
   "PatchVersion": 1,
   "Changelist": 0,
   "IsLicenseeVersion": 0,
   "BranchName": ""
}

But that didn't work. It just exported empty folders. I tried 4.14 and this is what I got when I tried to export a skeletal model...

Any suggestions or ways I can help further?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 09:08 »

Someone has sent me an asset from this game, and when I opened it without selecting UE4 version - UModel popped up selection dialog window, with possibility to choose UE4.14-UE4.16. There's no 4.13. That asset was opened when I selected 4.14.
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 12:50 »

I just tried exporting one of the static meshes after choosing 4.14 and this is what popped up...

I tried just opening a different asset and this is what happened...

Both use the most current version of uModel.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 13:00 »

1. Try starting UModel without selecting engine version. Check which version list will appear when you'll try to open some uasset in UModel.
2. Where did you get the game? Steam, torrent, something else? I just wonder if you have recent version of the game (no idea if it received any updates). Some people says it works, some - doesn't work. Perhaps different versions were tested.
3. Try enabling only textures, see if it works. Then try only static meshes. Then try only skeletal meshes. Just to see what works and what - not, and which UE4 version should be selected.

Also, please send several files to me. It is just looks very strange, so I'd spend several minutes checking what's wrong there.

And the last question, please answer! Previously you sent some screenshots showing "umodel.exe has stopped working" error. Does this error happens now, or it has gone away?
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 13:15 »

Sure thing, man! I'll check into all of those now and see what works and what doesn't.

The version I have is the steam version, completely legit. I know there are versions on torrent sites, but I'm not sure if they are any different in any way, but I'll go through the list and see what I can figure out.
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 13:49 »

Okay, so here's what happened!

1. Tried starting UModel without selecting the engine version, then it asked for a version from the list when I tried the "scan content" in the tools button.
2. This was in the steam version.
3. I tried first with only textures, and the textures all extracted and were viewable in UModel perfectly.
-- I tried static models, but they didn't work. This is what appeared when I tried to view one...

(here is a copy/paste of the fatal error message)

Memory: bad allocation size 1884756096 bytes
appMalloc:size=1884756096 (total=36 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:1126096160 x 36 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'BookishGlasses.BookishGlasses', pos=36A22, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=590

-- now I try skeletal models, but the fatal error occurs when I try to view or extract still.

Here's a copy of the fatal error message:

Package "/SummerCamp/Content/Characters/Counselors/Bookworm/Mesh/Skeletal/Counselor_Female_Bookworm_SM.uasset": wrong export index 2
UnPackage::CreateExport:/SummerCamp/Content/Characters/Counselors/Bookworm/Mesh/Skeletal/Counselor_Female_Bookworm_SM.uasset:2 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:3/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'Counselor_Female_Bookworm_SM.Counselor_Female_Bookworm_SM', pos=1612, ver=508/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.14 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=590

I'll upload some files for you now! Also, the umodel.exe has stopped working error doesn't happen anymore! Smiley

venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 22:03 »

Just shot you a message with files Gildor! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 18:26 »

Hi,
I'm looking at folder structure and I see a lot of .uexp files next to skeletal and static meshes. UE4 has .uexp for textures, but not for meshes. It seems this is some non-standard extension to the engine, and this is why UModel can't load these assets. I've verified latest UE4.16 code, and don't see any references to .uexp loading for meshes.
Grom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 14:39 »

Hi, I'm having the same problem with opening 3D files. Textures open normally. Tried to open 4.14, 4.15, 4.16. Found an older version (4.13) but there are only .exe file. Where can I download SDL2.dll for 4.13
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 14:46 »

What's "4.13" which requires SDL2.dll?
Grom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 15:56 »

Assembly program Umodel Unreal 4.13. the link https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/commits/master/umodel.exe. only .exe files without a file SDL2.dll
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: